Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romney Campaign Requested 'Several' Years of Tax Returns of VP Contenders

Banned

Romney Campaign Requested 'Several' Years of Tax Returns of VP Contenders

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-campaig...-politics.html

Hahahaha ... Romney ... do as I say, not as I do ...

Now that's freaking funny. The GOP is reaping what it has sewn.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Now that's freaking funny. The GOP is reaping what it has sewn.
    I left that party 10 yrs ago & have no intention of re-joining...they are the new democrats...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I left that party 10 yrs ago & have no intention of re-joining...they are the new democrats...
    considering the 2A record of their presidential candidate, I'd have to agree with you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unreconstructed1 View Post
    considering the 2A record of their presidential candidate, I'd have to agree with you.
    He should be noted as Rodney, not Romney ... he's gettin no respect.

Never insult the great Rodney Dangerfield like that!

I was just recently threaten to be banned in another forum for pointing out the liberalism in Romney. Mods are all staunch Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE View Post
    I was just recently threaten to be banned in another forum for pointing out the liberalism in Romney. Mods are all staunch Republicans.
    oops. I'll keep that in mind...

Banned
    And I was a VP of a republican organization whose area encompassed 7 million folks and helped get may republicans elected ... back in the 80's...when the republican party meshed with my ideals...we have parted ways..

Romney is, for the most part, Republican by name, he is the opposite side of the same political coin, period.--and he is using some sort of Republican in an attempt to balance out the equation.

The thing is, the Republicans are in disarray, they have a number of issues, including social, that are not going to bode well for the politically to be against, in the coming years. At least the Democrats want a Representative that is Left, but when they aren't--as President Obama isn't as Left as most Democrats prefer hi to be--, Democrats tend to show-up to the booth, and still vote. Republicans on the other hand, after years of reading post after post about Principle, well, kind of hard to get your rump in the booth when you've spent so much time having unreasonable expectations with regard to the Political Process.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-13-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I wonder if the Romney campaign asked for Ryan's college transcripts. Probably not, because that would be stupid.
    Last edited by beebobby; 08-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.

The thing is, the Republicans are in disarray, they have a number of issues, including social, that are not going to bode well for the politically to be against, in the coming years.
    The Republican party is not simply in disarray, it is in tatters. The leadership proudly proclaims one set of principles (small government, constitutional rule of law, support of the second amendment) while pursuing an entirely different set of principles. I voted Republican in '00, and decided that it would be the last time. McCain wasn't exactly the most gun friendly candidate, but at least he opposed the AWB, while Romney actually signed into law a replacement law for his State. Honestly, in my opinion, the Republican leadership have completely betrayed the party that they supposedly serve, and depending upon the outcome in Fall, 2016 may be the last presidential election for the Republican party as a meaningful National political party.

The Republican party is not simply in disarray, it is in tatters. The leadership proudly proclaims one set of principles (small government, constitutional rule of law, support of the second amendment) while pursuing an entirely different set of principles. I voted Republican in '00, and decided that it would be the last time. McCain wasn't exactly the most gun friendly candidate, but at least he opposed the AWB, while Romney actually signed into law a replacement law for his State. Honestly, in my opinion, the Republican leadership have completely betrayed the party that they supposedly serve, and depending upon the outcome in Fall, 2016 may be the last presidential election for the Republican party as a meaningful National political party.
    I see the Republican Party morphing into some sort of Libertarian Party that is fiscally Conservative, but Socially Liberal--IMO, that's their only hope of survival. Libertarian wing of the Tea Party that falls in-line with what I proposed for the Republicans, will survive, then you will have Right-fringe Tea Party types that will have almost zero political power, and will be relegated to where they belong: along side OWS, and Anarchists.

I see the Republican Party morphing into some sort of Libertarian Party that is fiscally Conservative, but Socially Liberal--IMO, that's their only hope of survival. Libertarian wing of the Tea Party that falls in-line with what I proposed for the Republicans, will survive, then you will have Right-fringe Tea Party types that will have almost zero political power, and will be relegated to where they belong: along side OWS, and Anarchists.
    As a libertarian, I'd love to agree with you, unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Remember, the TEA party basically began as a synergy of Conservative and libertarian concerns, but was ultimately co-opted by the GOP establishment as a Neo-Con cheerleading section. unfortunately, I believe that any future reform movement would be met with a similar fate, or it would be relegated to obscurity by the establishment.

What I hope to happen will be the moderates of both parties will realize that neither party has their best interests in mind and will migrate to third party candidates, allowing a true opposition party to rise to national prominence.

[snippers] What I hope to happen will be the moderates of both parties will realize that neither party has their best interests in mind and will migrate to third party candidates, allowing a true opposition party to rise to national prominence.
    If we see a Third Party Candidate that is a Moderate, and what I mean by that: Fiscally Conservative (with a focus on Military spending), and Socially Liberal--then you will see Moderates from both sides running for the Third Party.--I always enjoy playing the imaginary game LOL.

America is moving towards less consumer driven economy, more Social Programs, less Military spending, and an increase in firearm ownership, and a loosening of firearms restrictions across the nation.--will we see a National OC Law, at the Federal level?, no.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-13-2012 at 11:36 PM.

excessive military spending is one reason that we are in the shape we are in, IMHO.

excessive military spending is one reason that we are in the shape we are in, IMHO.
    You better be careful with that statement LOL, on here. Hey, at least Saddam is dead, and Iraqi's are 'free'!

Banned
    +1 .. even Gates admits we don't need the aircraft carriers we have that cost a mint...

I would demand that he produce the law requiring citizens to file a return in the first place.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I would demand that he produce the law requiring citizens to file a return in the first place.
    Are you on repeat? Let's play the imaginary game and act as if there is no Law. The Government can compel you to hand over whatever they want you to hand over.

Are you on repeat? Let's play the imaginary game and act as if there is no Law. The Government can compel you to hand over whatever they want you to hand over.
    Only idiots don't understand that we have positive law in this country. If there is no law compelling someone to do something then they are not required to do anything. If there is no law forbidding an action then that action is legal.

I know this will never educate you but, I do hope it helps educate other people.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

So this is where all the hung over Ron Paul koolaid drinkers, King Obama supporters and the Anti-Repub folks fell too.

All four of ya.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Are you sure THAT was the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    So this is where all the hung over Ron Paul koolaid drinkers, King Obama supporters and the Anti-Repub folks fell too.

All four of ya.
    Koolaid drinkers says the man supporting a presidential candidate virtually identical to the president he seems to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Koolaid drinkers says the man supporting a presidential candidate virtually identical to the president he seems to hate.

And your point is?
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast