• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney Campaign Requested 'Several' Years of Tax Returns of VP Contenders

ScottE

I was just recently threaten to be banned in another forum for pointing out the liberalism in Romney. Mods are all staunch Republicans.

davidmcbeth

Banned
considering the 2A record of their presidential candidate, I'd have to agree with you.

And I was a VP of a republican organization whose area encompassed 7 million folks and helped get may republicans elected ... back in the 80's...when the republican party meshed with my ideals...we have parted ways..

Beretta92FSLady

I was just recently threaten to be banned in another forum for pointing out the liberalism in Romney. Mods are all staunch Republicans.

Romney is, for the most part, Republican by name, he is the opposite side of the same political coin, period.--and he is using some sort of Republican in an attempt to balance out the equation.

The thing is, the Republicans are in disarray, they have a number of issues, including social, that are not going to bode well for the politically to be against, in the coming years. At least the Democrats want a Representative that is Left, but when they aren't--as President Obama isn't as Left as most Democrats prefer hi to be--, Democrats tend to show-up to the booth, and still vote. Republicans on the other hand, after years of reading post after post about Principle, well, kind of hard to get your rump in the booth when you've spent so much time having unreasonable expectations with regard to the Political Process.

Last edited:

beebobby

I wonder if the Romney campaign asked for Ryan's college transcripts. Probably not, because that would be stupid.

Last edited:

unreconstructed1

The thing is, the Republicans are in disarray, they have a number of issues, including social, that are not going to bode well for the politically to be against, in the coming years.

The Republican party is not simply in disarray, it is in tatters. The leadership proudly proclaims one set of principles (small government, constitutional rule of law, support of the second amendment) while pursuing an entirely different set of principles. I voted Republican in '00, and decided that it would be the last time. McCain wasn't exactly the most gun friendly candidate, but at least he opposed the AWB, while Romney actually signed into law a replacement law for his State. Honestly, in my opinion, the Republican leadership have completely betrayed the party that they supposedly serve, and depending upon the outcome in Fall, 2016 may be the last presidential election for the Republican party as a meaningful National political party.

Beretta92FSLady

The Republican party is not simply in disarray, it is in tatters. The leadership proudly proclaims one set of principles (small government, constitutional rule of law, support of the second amendment) while pursuing an entirely different set of principles. I voted Republican in '00, and decided that it would be the last time. McCain wasn't exactly the most gun friendly candidate, but at least he opposed the AWB, while Romney actually signed into law a replacement law for his State. Honestly, in my opinion, the Republican leadership have completely betrayed the party that they supposedly serve, and depending upon the outcome in Fall, 2016 may be the last presidential election for the Republican party as a meaningful National political party.

I see the Republican Party morphing into some sort of Libertarian Party that is fiscally Conservative, but Socially Liberal--IMO, that's their only hope of survival. Libertarian wing of the Tea Party that falls in-line with what I proposed for the Republicans, will survive, then you will have Right-fringe Tea Party types that will have almost zero political power, and will be relegated to where they belong: along side OWS, and Anarchists.

unreconstructed1

I see the Republican Party morphing into some sort of Libertarian Party that is fiscally Conservative, but Socially Liberal--IMO, that's their only hope of survival. Libertarian wing of the Tea Party that falls in-line with what I proposed for the Republicans, will survive, then you will have Right-fringe Tea Party types that will have almost zero political power, and will be relegated to where they belong: along side OWS, and Anarchists.

As a libertarian, I'd love to agree with you, unfortunately, I don't see it happening. Remember, the TEA party basically began as a synergy of Conservative and libertarian concerns, but was ultimately co-opted by the GOP establishment as a Neo-Con cheerleading section. unfortunately, I believe that any future reform movement would be met with a similar fate, or it would be relegated to obscurity by the establishment.

What I hope to happen will be the moderates of both parties will realize that neither party has their best interests in mind and will migrate to third party candidates, allowing a true opposition party to rise to national prominence.

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers] What I hope to happen will be the moderates of both parties will realize that neither party has their best interests in mind and will migrate to third party candidates, allowing a true opposition party to rise to national prominence.

If we see a Third Party Candidate that is a Moderate, and what I mean by that: Fiscally Conservative (with a focus on Military spending), and Socially Liberal--then you will see Moderates from both sides running for the Third Party.--I always enjoy playing the imaginary game LOL.

America is moving towards less consumer driven economy, more Social Programs, less Military spending, and an increase in firearm ownership, and a loosening of firearms restrictions across the nation.--will we see a National OC Law, at the Federal level?, no.

Last edited: