• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A meeting at Congressman Joe Hecks office

The Big Guy

Was disapointed. Looks like Heck no Joe was there for about a half hour or so then ducked out. Missed him. Talked to Bob Irwin a bit and Don Turner.
Staffers spent most of their time trying to get people to come in and make calls. That is not what I was there for.

No open carry issues though. Saw several.

TBG

Last edited:

Blue996tt

Was there too, OCing stayed for about an hour, no Joe. Met Don Turner and listened to Bob Irwin for a bit. Was not what I was expecting, and didn't rush across town to play phone jockey for anyone. Very disappointed.

Merlin

Ok now, I didn't see any of yall there. Pm me pics, cause I must have been talking to you at some point. I was specifically on the lookout for other ocers, and I didn't see yall.

I got there about 4:45, just as Heck was leaving. Said he'd be back, but when I left at 7pm, he hadn't returned.
Sent from my SGH-i667 using Board Express

The Big Guy

Ok now, I didn't see any of yall there. Pm me pics, cause I must have been talking to you at some point. I was specifically on the lookout for other ocers, and I didn't see yall.

I got there about 4:45, just as Heck was leaving. Said he'd be back, but when I left at 7pm, he hadn't returned.
Sent from my SGH-i667 using Board Express

I was there with the wife. Both OC. Saw 3 others that I noticed. We were there for about 45 mins. No Joe so I said let's blow.

TBG

usmcmustang

I am sorry I could not be there. i had a little emergency.... I'll try to be at the next one!

Why would you want "to be at the next one." when this one was evidently not much of "anything?" The politician (and I mean that in the most derogatory terms you or anyone else can imagine) to whom those in attendance may have wanted to address questions and/or concerns, wasn't even available... didn't you hear... he "ducked out."

Merlin

I was there with the wife. Both OC. Saw 3 others that I noticed. We were there for about 45 mins. No Joe so I said let's blow.

TBG

Well next time step up and say hello,! I'm sure one of those people you saw was me. I was in kakki shorts and a grey polo, and had my son in tow. I was on the lookout for you specifically, since I've seen your pic, but I never saw you.

Oh well, we'll just have to do breakfast at hometown one of these days.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

The Big Guy

Well next time step up and say hello,! I'm sure one of those people you saw was me. I was in kakki shorts and a grey polo, and had my son in tow. I was on the lookout for you specifically, since I've seen your pic, but I never saw you.

Oh well, we'll just have to do breakfast at hometown one of these days.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a plan. I saw you come in then, but by the time I was done talking/listening to Bob and Talking to Don, I didn't see you again.
I'm a lot uglier in person than my picture.

TBG

Last edited:

Blue996tt

Short, dark hair and goatee. Had a jeans and a black polo, with a glock on the right hip. Shook hands the "The Big Guy" and spoke briefly about OC.org and NVFAC conflicts (least my impression). Stayed to talk with Don T. as well, wanted to know a little about what I joined the week before.

The Big Guy

Wrote a nastygram to Heck no Joe today about his running out on us and the phone bank crap. I'm really anxious for his reply.

TBG

The Big Guy

You're kidding, right? Anxious... really? Like "Christmas Morning" anxious, or "last meal" anxious?

Just how he'll spin this one anxious...

Remember that when it come to humor, "truth is stranger than fiction".

TBG

P.S. If I was kidding, I'd have given him your contact info...

Last edited:

usmcmustang

Just how he'll spin this one anxious...

Remember that when it come to humor, "truth is stranger than fiction".

TBG

P.S. If I was kidding, I'd have given him your contact info...

A lie would have no sense unless the TRUTH were felt dangerous... Alfred Adler

P.S. As for contacting me (kidding or not)... I am not contacted, don't contact, don't email, mail, write, speak, cajole, petition, congregate, breath the same air to/with/as ANY politician.

The Big Guy

A lie would have no sense unless the TRUTH were felt dangerous... Alfred Adler

P.S. As for contacting me (kidding or not)... I am not contacted, don't contact, don't email, mail, write, speak, cajole, petition, congregate, breath the same air to/with/as ANY politician.

"Know thy enemy"
"keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

TBG

usmcmustang

"Know thy enemy"
"keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

TBG

I’m sure you are familiar with this quote by TJ: "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." At this point in our history, the “chains of the Constitution” have been so corroded by all three branches of government, that they now have the strength of so much twine and are growing weaker by the day. So, I’m quite confident in the knowledge of who is my enemy and I’m certainly not of the persuasion to have “him” close to me… neither figuratively nor literally. We are at a point where there is little, if any, discerning as to who is and who is not “the legalized version” of MY enemy. It matters not whether “they” (members of the government) wear a conservative or liberal cloak… the reality is “they” are “the enemy of the people.”