• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blue Card

The Big Guy

Can someone explain the process of the blue card in Clark county?

Take the firearm, unloaded, to your nearest police station along with your ID. They will run a check on the gun and a background on you, and give you a blue card telling you it is registered. Despite what some will tell you, there is no ordinance that tells you to keep it with your gun or produce it on demand.

That's it.

TBG

JohnMoses

So basically, registering it is just so they can feel like they have a sense of power?
Purely out of curiosity, what would happen if someone doesn't register their handgun within the 60 day time period?

The Big Guy

So basically, registering it is just so they can feel like they have a sense of power?
Purely out of curiosity, what would happen if someone doesn't register their handgun within the 60 day time period?

I guess they would first have to prove it.

12.04.220 - Penalty for violation of Sections 12.

04.010—12.04.210. Any person who violates any of the
provisions of Sections 12.04.010 through 12.04.210 is guilty of a misdemeanor and
upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a term
not to exceed six months or by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars, or
by both.
(Ord.
242 § 23, 1965)

TBG​