Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC at SeaTac apt

OC at SeaTac apt

I'll be picking my wife up there shortly, and I'd like to meet her in the terminal to help with the bags. It's my understanding that the little "misunderstanding" with the port PD from a while back has been cleared up. Anyone been thru there recently?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I've OCed there a number of times, but it's always been @ curb pickup
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Since you are not going into secure area, you are good to go. Just be forwarned that you may be stopped, but it is legal to OC and or CC up until the security check point. Not the actual metal detectors but the TSA agent who looks at your ticket and ID, that is where the check point starts. So as long as you are not going through the check point, you are good.
    Clerk: Is that a weapon?
    Me: No, it is my tool.
    Clerk:
    Me: A tool that takes some time to master!
    Clerk:
    Me: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaOps View Post
    Since you are not going into secure area, you are good to go. Just be forwarned that you may be stopped, but it is legal to OC and or CC up until the security check point. Not the actual metal detectors but the TSA agent who looks at your ticket and ID, that is where the check point starts. So as long as you are not going through the check point, you are good.
    Agreed. I have recently read all of the OC/CC rules for Washington State and you are allowed to OC/CC anywhere in the terminal, with the exception of the (cough)UNCONSTITUTIONAL(cough) TSA secured area.

Yup, I know I'm 100% within my rights and I've carried at the curb drop too, but I would be there late at night with fewer crowds to "hide" in, and hanging around for a while waiting for the flight to arrive. Just curious what my "harassment probability" might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have OCed at the Spokane airport many times without incident, don't know if that helps but they are evidently aware of the law no one bothered me.

I have never had any problems at the Bellingham airport, but you are talking about seattle. Whole different set of rules with those boys. We all know what is "supposed to be", but don't get "Birked".
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Mainsail is the one you can all thank for educating the Port of Seattle police.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    This is what I'm asking about. Iirc, and I could be wrong on this, but a couple years back there were some issues with the port pd and the advice was do NOT oc at seatac till the Seattle parks fiasco gets settled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyLT, are you posting form the mainland now?? It is nice to "hear" from you again.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

RCW 9.41.300
    Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

(e) The restricted access areas of a commercial service airport designated in the airport security plan approved by the federal transportation security administration, including passenger screening checkpoints at or beyond the point at which a passenger initiates the screening process. These areas do not include airport drives, general parking areas and walkways, and shops and areas of the terminal that are outside the screening checkpoints and that are normally open to unscreened passengers or visitors to the airport. Any restricted access area shall be clearly indicated by prominent signs indicating that firearms and other weapons are prohibited in the area.
    Last edited by BigDave; 08-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

I was just there a few weeks ago dropping off my son. I had a Port police officer make contact. Other than the supervisor crowding me as she walked past, no issues.

Link here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1789386

I have OC'd both picking up and dropping off my daughter in all of the common areas of Seatac Airport without incident. It is covered in 9.41.300 as BigDave has posted above.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    I was just there a few weeks ago dropping off my son. I had a Port police officer make contact. Other than the supervisor crowding me as she walked past, no issues.

Link here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1789386
    Inquiring minds want to know did they salute back?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    ...what I already bloody said...
    Yes Dave, thought I'd made it clear I know the law Anyways....

So it sounds like PD is aware of the law but *may* do their darndest to brush right up against it. OK, that I can deal with, I just didn't want to end up in a room in the basement with these guys while my wife is wondering where the F I am. I do plan to keep my iPhone & iPad set to record as I wait around.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Yes Dave, thought I'd made it clear I know the law Anyways....

So it sounds like PD is aware of the law but *may* do their darndest to brush right up against it. OK, that I can deal with, I just didn't want to end up in a room in the basement with these guys while my wife is wondering where the F I am. I do plan to keep my iPhone & iPad set to record as I wait around.
    What a hack job of quoting me "...what I already bloody said...", as this is your pissy wording.
    You asked a question and quoting the appropriate law is some how appropriate and if you knew the law to begin with then you must have posted just to post, anyways hopefully you learned something.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    What a hack job of quoting me "...what I already bloody said...", as this is your pissy wording.
    You asked a question and quoting the appropriate law is some how appropriate and if you knew the law to begin with then you must have posted just to post, anyways hopefully you learned something.

Yup, I know I'm 100% within my rights and I've carried at the curb drop too, but I would be there late at night with fewer crowds to "hide" in, and hanging around for a while waiting for the flight to arrive. Just curious what my "harassment probability" might be.
    Last edited by Metalhead47; 08-13-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Funny, I didn't see him at the Port of Seattle Commissioner's meeting where this issue was brought to their full attention in a most public way.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Funny, I didn't see him at the Port of Seattle Commissioner's meeting where this issue was brought to their full attention in a most public way.[/COLOR]
    Could it be that he was advised by his attorney not to attend?

Could it be that he was advised by his attorney not to attend?

Is that what happened? Do you know? If so, just say so. No pussyfooting.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Is that what happened? Do you know? If so, just say so. No pussyfooting.[/COLOR]
    I'm sorry. I can not answer any further questions. I stand by my first statement,
    "Mainsail is the one you can all thank for educating the Port of Seattle police."

That's fine. I would only ask that you correct your first statement. "the one" is incorrect. There were at least 3 others who put in a lot of effort on the Port of Seattle issue.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I have carried several times in many of the areas of SeaTac, no hassles, asked once what agency I was with I just laughed and said I am just a regular guy, picking up family.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I would be there late at night with fewer crowds to "hide" in,
    Frankly I prefer the lack of crowds. I don't like people being elbow to elbow with me, especially when carrying. If there's going to be a problem, I want to be able to see it coming from a distance, not happen right next to me.

As for Airports, the next time I'll ever be in one is if my wife decides to send my body/remains to some far away place. I had enough of them before I retired. As for any arriving passenger that's coming to visit me, I'll gladly send them a Limo rather than go to an airport. That's where all the tired, hungry, cranky, stressed, and pissed off people are all tossed into a building with nowhere to go and relax. Also full of crying/screaming babies, rude passengers that run over your toes with their suitcases with permanent hand trucks built in.

Did I mention I hate airports?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Frankly I prefer the lack of crowds. I don't like people being elbow to elbow with me, especially when carrying. If there's going to be a problem, I want to be able to see it coming from a distance, not happen right next to me.

As for Airports, the next time I'll ever be in one is if my wife decides to send my body/remains to some far away place. I had enough of them before I retired. As for any arriving passenger that's coming to visit me, I'll gladly send them a Limo rather than go to an airport. That's where all the tired, hungry, cranky, stressed, and pissed off people are all tossed into a building with nowhere to go and relax. Also full of crying/screaming babies, rude passengers that run over your toes with their suitcases with permanent hand trucks built in.

Did I mention I hate airports?
    +1 I quit flying when I retired 5 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast