• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at SeaTac apt

deanf

That's fine. I would only ask that you correct your first statement. "the one" is incorrect. There were at least 3 others who put in a lot of effort on the Port of Seattle issue.

sudden valley gunner

I have carried several times in many of the areas of SeaTac, no hassles, asked once what agency I was with I just laughed and said I am just a regular guy, picking up family.

amlevin

I would be there late at night with fewer crowds to "hide" in,

Frankly I prefer the lack of crowds. I don't like people being elbow to elbow with me, especially when carrying. If there's going to be a problem, I want to be able to see it coming from a distance, not happen right next to me.

As for Airports, the next time I'll ever be in one is if my wife decides to send my body/remains to some far away place. I had enough of them before I retired. As for any arriving passenger that's coming to visit me, I'll gladly send them a Limo rather than go to an airport. That's where all the tired, hungry, cranky, stressed, and pissed off people are all tossed into a building with nowhere to go and relax. Also full of crying/screaming babies, rude passengers that run over your toes with their suitcases with permanent hand trucks built in.

Did I mention I hate airports? ;);)

Jeff Hayes

Frankly I prefer the lack of crowds. I don't like people being elbow to elbow with me, especially when carrying. If there's going to be a problem, I want to be able to see it coming from a distance, not happen right next to me.

As for Airports, the next time I'll ever be in one is if my wife decides to send my body/remains to some far away place. I had enough of them before I retired. As for any arriving passenger that's coming to visit me, I'll gladly send them a Limo rather than go to an airport. That's where all the tired, hungry, cranky, stressed, and pissed off people are all tossed into a building with nowhere to go and relax. Also full of crying/screaming babies, rude passengers that run over your toes with their suitcases with permanent hand trucks built in.

+1 I quit flying when I retired 5 years ago.

Venya

I only fly for work. I'm pretty jazzed about going TDY to Yakistan next week, just because I'm staying within my home state and not staying on post, which means I can carry except while actually at work.

Edit: And, of course, I can drive myself.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Couldn't agree more actually. I used to love to fly, but it's just gotten worse and worse, I gave it up after they introduced the "peek & poke." Like the song says, not unless someone kicks (or) get hitched. And honestly, if I need to get somewhere in a hurry, if it's within 1500 miles or so I bet I can beat the "door to door" time driving vs flying. However I WILL go thru the trouble of taking my WIFE to & from the airport!

But anyways, big non issue. I was a little nervous walking with my carry side past the (surprisingly) big crowds at the ticket counters, but silly me for thinking sheeple might actually pull their heads out of their own little worlds and pay attention to what's actually going on around them :banghead:. Couple of security/PD walked past on the far side of the hall where I was waiting without so much as a glance, and a TSA guy talking to a fellow near by must have seen something if he was paying attention, but he probably wasn't. He WAS TSA after all.