• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at SeaTac apt

Metalhead47

I'll be picking my wife up there shortly, and I'd like to meet her in the terminal to help with the bags. It's my understanding that the little "misunderstanding" with the port PD from a while back has been cleared up. Anyone been thru there recently?

DeltaOps

Since you are not going into secure area, you are good to go. Just be forwarned that you may be stopped, but it is legal to OC and or CC up until the security check point. Not the actual metal detectors but the TSA agent who looks at your ticket and ID, that is where the check point starts. So as long as you are not going through the check point, you are good.

Mr_Shickadance

Since you are not going into secure area, you are good to go. Just be forwarned that you may be stopped, but it is legal to OC and or CC up until the security check point. Not the actual metal detectors but the TSA agent who looks at your ticket and ID, that is where the check point starts. So as long as you are not going through the check point, you are good.

Agreed. I have recently read all of the OC/CC rules for Washington State and you are allowed to OC/CC anywhere in the terminal, with the exception of the (cough)UNCONSTITUTIONAL(cough) TSA secured area.

Metalhead47

Yup, I know I'm 100% within my rights and I've carried at the curb drop too, but I would be there late at night with fewer crowds to "hide" in, and hanging around for a while waiting for the flight to arrive. Just curious what my "harassment probability" might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Hayes

I have OCed at the Spokane airport many times without incident, don't know if that helps but they are evidently aware of the law no one bothered me.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have never had any problems at the Bellingham airport, but you are talking about seattle. Whole different set of rules with those boys. We all know what is "supposed to be", but don't get "Birked".

Metalhead47

Mainsail is the one you can all thank for educating the Port of Seattle police. :banana:

This is what I'm asking about. Iirc, and I could be wrong on this, but a couple years back there were some issues with the port pd and the advice was do NOT oc at seatac till the Seattle parks fiasco gets settled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

(e) The restricted access areas of a commercial service airport designated in the airport security plan approved by the federal transportation security administration, including passenger screening checkpoints at or beyond the point at which a passenger initiates the screening process. These areas do not include airport drives, general parking areas and walkways, and shops and areas of the terminal that are outside the screening checkpoints and that are normally open to unscreened passengers or visitors to the airport. Any restricted access area shall be clearly indicated by prominent signs indicating that firearms and other weapons are prohibited in the area.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I have OC'd both picking up and dropping off my daughter in all of the common areas of Seatac Airport without incident. It is covered in 9.41.300 as BigDave has posted above.

Metalhead47

...what I already bloody said...

Yes Dave, thought I'd made it clear I know the law :rolleyes: Anyways....

So it sounds like PD is aware of the law but *may* do their darndest to brush right up against it. OK, that I can deal with, I just didn't want to end up in a room in the basement with these guys while my wife is wondering where the F I am. I do plan to keep my iPhone & iPad set to record as I wait around.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Yes Dave, thought I'd made it clear I know the law :rolleyes: Anyways....

So it sounds like PD is aware of the law but *may* do their darndest to brush right up against it. OK, that I can deal with, I just didn't want to end up in a room in the basement with these guys while my wife is wondering where the F I am. I do plan to keep my iPhone & iPad set to record as I wait around.

What a hack job of quoting me "...what I already bloody said...", as this is your pissy wording.
You asked a question and quoting the appropriate law is some how appropriate and if you knew the law to begin with then you must have posted just to post, anyways hopefully you learned something.

Metalhead47

What a hack job of quoting me "...what I already bloody said...", as this is your pissy wording.
You asked a question and quoting the appropriate law is some how appropriate and if you knew the law to begin with then you must have posted just to post, anyways hopefully you learned something.

:rolleyes:

demotivation.us_Facepalm-_132061214012.jpg

Yup, I know I'm 100% within my rights and I've carried at the curb drop too, but I would be there late at night with fewer crowds to "hide" in, and hanging around for a while waiting for the flight to arrive. Just curious what my "harassment probability" might be.

Last edited: