• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns Stolen in Clifton (NoVA)!

VApatriot

I was looking at Fairfax County's weekly crime report, and I noticed that there were two reported incidents of guns being stolen. One was a handgun stolen from a vehicle on Newman Rd, and the other was stolen from a residence on Rockland Drive. Both appear to be Clifton addresses, and not all that far apart from one another.

There is no information provided to indicate whether or not police suspect that the two incidents are directly connected to each other, but it seems very possible to me. It makes me wonder if someone got hold of the list of CHP holders in Fairfax County (simply be walking into the courthouse and asking for it) and is using it to very carefully target thefts.

In any case, this is a reminder that 1) the CHP list loophole still needs to be closed and 2) gun owners always need to be aware of their gun security.