Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another shooting

another shooting

Seriously..........

What is going on lately? Maybe the election is making all the crazies come out. Thank goodness there were no fatalities...my thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

The amount of shootings in the last few weeks is starting to look a little...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Thank goodness there were no fatalities...my thoughts go out to the victims and their families.
    Do what? I thought it's being reported that there are 2 fatalities?

EDIT: Never mind, looking at the time stamp of your post, you posted that before that info was released.

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Do what? I thought it's being reported that there are 2 fatalities?

EDIT: Never mind, looking at the time stamp of your post, you posted that before that info was released.
    Yes, I did. Sad news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    The amount of shootings in the last few weeks is starting to look a little...

My thoughts exactly. But more importantly. Are these attacks out of the ordinary, or is the media just reporting them more heavily?

****, all of them!

That's the problem. (I said another word for "fruits", it was censored)
    Last edited by MarkD51; 08-13-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    My thoughts exactly. But more importantly. Are these attacks out of the ordinary, or is the media just reporting them more heavily?
    My guess would be; both. And I predict there will be at least one more shooting* in the next 3-4 months. It is, after all, and election year, and they don't like to waste a good crisis...

*God, I hope I'm wrong!
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 08-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.

It's all the Mayan's fault...

I agree with Jack House's last post - too many random shootings, too close together, and at too critical a time. I'd hate to think that the anti-gun goons were seeking out the weak-minded, and working on their victims psyche, encouraging such things to further their own agenda, but it is a possibility. The government isn't the only organization capable of creating "false flags", stagings, and provoking others to do their dirty work. I still haven't seen anything in/on the media about the LAC who saved an officer's life by taking out the BG with his privately owned weapon. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

I think a large part of it is the media, for several reasons:

First, since the Aurora shooting, I have seen many news reports on shootings with only 1 or 2 deaths, and they call them "mass shooting," when they obviously aren't. Also, the FBI defines a "mass shooting" by 4 or more deaths. (which I personally think is too low. I mean, have you ever seen 4 dogs and said, "Wow, that's a massive amount of dogs." nope.)

Secondly, I feel that the media is trying to make it a bigger deal by emphasizing it was near the university. Nobody would pay as much attention if the headline said, "Shooter on Random street." They're playing off of the fear everybody has of campus shootings.

Lastly, they report it as a random shooting. It was clear the suspect was purposefully targeting those attempting to evict him. It's not like somebody was walking down the street randomly executing people. Just another way the media is twisting it to control sheeple with fear.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

I have talked with Left-wingers and Right-wingers, and there are people that actually believe the 'other side' is going to start some sort of war. I think that many of these latest shootings are political pressure release, it's bound to happen, IMO. The rhetoric is pretty heated, the Country is split, and refusing to talk to one another. We will see more shootings before November.

BTW, the implication that President Obama is staging these things, or that some anti-gun faceless person is conspiring to bring down the Second Amendment is nothing more than fear-mongering BS that does nothing but contribute to the rolling boil we have right now in this Country, where there have been a number of shootings like this just recently.

Keep a level head people.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

It may very well be BS, but the rolling boil is not being maintained as a result of firearm violence. It's the "economy stupid."
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I have talked with Left-wingers and Right-wingers, and there are people that actually believe the 'other side' is going to start some sort of war. I think that many of these latest shootings are political pressure release, it's bound to happen, IMO. The rhetoric is pretty heated, the Country is split, and refusing to talk to one another. We will see more shootings before November.

BTW, the implication that President Obama is staging these things, or that some anti-gun faceless person is conspiring to bring down the Second Amendment is nothing more than fear-mongering BS that does nothing but contribute to the rolling boil we have right now in this Country, where there have been a number of shootings like this just recently.

Keep a level head people.
    I don't think anyone here is crying conspiracy. Merely observing what appears to be a pattern and finding it out of the ordinary.

Banned
    the shooter has not and will not be found guilty of anything .... so its hard to know why he behaved the way he did

My guess would be; both. And I predict there will be at least one more shooting* in the next 3-4 months. It is, after all, and election year, and they don't like to waste a good crisis...

*God, I hope I'm wrong!
    Looks like I wasn't. Almost four months exactly...

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Looks like I wasn't. Almost four months exactly...
    Damn, PPM. That's spooky. Care to give me the winning powerball numbers for next week? I'll split the prize with you!
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Damn, PPM. That's spooky. Care to give me the winning powerball numbers for next week? I'll split the prize with you!
    PPM can see some patterns that others of us have a harder time seeing.

Otherwise she has an inside source for information that she is not revealing.

Give her some credit she is not psychic she's just intelligent.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    PPM can see some patterns that others of us have a harder time seeing.

Otherwise she has an inside source for information that she is not revealing.

Give her some credit she is not psychic she's just intelligent.
    Oh, I'm giving her ton's of credit. She is very intelligent and I'm very impressed. Just saying that she called that one.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Nope, not psychic, no inside source, not even a crystal ball.

When you understand how these people think, and what their goals are, it's easy to see what's coming down the road. What's not easy is getting others to see the same thing, and getting them to DO something about it.

Sadly, the average Joe Doe is a lot like a firecracker; a tragedy occurs and he burns brightly with sorrow and anger, pumping his fist in the air that something be done, dammit!...and then after a week or a month, his ability to care about anything beyond himself fizzles out, and his life continues, unchanged, doomed to repeat the same cyclical pattern.

People need to be like embers; burning hot and long, able to ignite the fires of justice and liberty in the hearts of the people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Oh, I'm giving her ton's of credit. She is very intelligent and I'm very impressed. Just saying that she called that one.
    Nothing prescient or intelligent about predicting a shooting over a three- or four-month period. I'll predict another over the next three or four months.

And to tie it to the election is just plain silly. The election is over. This shooting has zero to do with it. It ain't like the shooter said to himself, "Let me shoot up a school so I can sway the election and get more gun-control passed."

Predicting that those in power now will use this "crisis" to try to pass more gun-control or that the media will totally misreport this event or its causes do not require any spectacular level of intelligence or precognition, just the modest ability to reason that anyone with an IQ of 85 or better is quite capable of. (Many just choose to rely on emotion over ration, but they are quite capable of the ration.)

That being said, if another shooting happens in the next three to four months, I will pat myself on the back and expect much ego-gratifying backpatting from other posters.

You have a very sad and disgusting self projection issue if you believe anyone would like accolades for paying attention to a pattern of bloodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    It ain't like the shooter said to himself, "Let me shoot up a school so I can sway the election and get more gun-control passed."
    http://www.examiner.com/article/libo...ere-to-testify Nope, wasn't the shooter that said that. It's much deeper than that.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

Banned

another shooting

Yeah but the poster implied, by patting herself on the back for a correct prediction, that the timing was based on the election. Clearly a not-well-thought-out assertion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast