• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another shooting

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What is going on lately? Maybe the election is making all the crazies come out. Thank goodness there were no fatalities...my thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

PistolPackingMomma

The amount of shootings in the last few weeks is starting to look a little...

OPic1.jpg

carsontech

Activist Member
Thank goodness there were no fatalities...my thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

Do what? I thought it's being reported that there are 2 fatalities?

EDIT: Never mind, looking at the time stamp of your post, you posted that before that info was released.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

My thoughts exactly. But more importantly. Are these attacks out of the ordinary, or is the media just reporting them more heavily?

My guess would be; both. And I predict there will be at least one more shooting* in the next 3-4 months. It is, after all, and election year, and they don't like to waste a good crisis...

*God, I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:

Gil223

I agree with Jack House's last post - too many random shootings, too close together, and at too critical a time. I'd hate to think that the anti-gun goons were seeking out the weak-minded, and working on their victims psyche, encouraging such things to further their own agenda, but it is a possibility. The government isn't the only organization capable of creating "false flags", stagings, and provoking others to do their dirty work. I still haven't seen anything in/on the media about the LAC who saved an officer's life by taking out the BG with his privately owned weapon. :( Pax...

HighFlyingA380

I think a large part of it is the media, for several reasons:

First, since the Aurora shooting, I have seen many news reports on shootings with only 1 or 2 deaths, and they call them "mass shooting," when they obviously aren't. Also, the FBI defines a "mass shooting" by 4 or more deaths. (which I personally think is too low. I mean, have you ever seen 4 dogs and said, "Wow, that's a massive amount of dogs." nope.)

Secondly, I feel that the media is trying to make it a bigger deal by emphasizing it was near the university. Nobody would pay as much attention if the headline said, "Shooter on Random street." They're playing off of the fear everybody has of campus shootings.

Lastly, they report it as a random shooting. It was clear the suspect was purposefully targeting those attempting to evict him. It's not like somebody was walking down the street randomly executing people. Just another way the media is twisting it to control sheeple with fear.

Beretta92FSLady

I have talked with Left-wingers and Right-wingers, and there are people that actually believe the 'other side' is going to start some sort of war. I think that many of these latest shootings are political pressure release, it's bound to happen, IMO. The rhetoric is pretty heated, the Country is split, and refusing to talk to one another. We will see more shootings before November.

BTW, the implication that President Obama is staging these things, or that some anti-gun faceless person is conspiring to bring down the Second Amendment is nothing more than fear-mongering BS that does nothing but contribute to the rolling boil we have right now in this Country, where there have been a number of shootings like this just recently.

Keep a level head people.

Jack House

I have talked with Left-wingers and Right-wingers, and there are people that actually believe the 'other side' is going to start some sort of war. I think that many of these latest shootings are political pressure release, it's bound to happen, IMO. The rhetoric is pretty heated, the Country is split, and refusing to talk to one another. We will see more shootings before November.

BTW, the implication that President Obama is staging these things, or that some anti-gun faceless person is conspiring to bring down the Second Amendment is nothing more than fear-mongering BS that does nothing but contribute to the rolling boil we have right now in this Country, where there have been a number of shootings like this just recently.

Keep a level head people.
I don't think anyone here is crying conspiracy. Merely observing what appears to be a pattern and finding it out of the ordinary.

self preservation

PPM can see some patterns that others of us have a harder time seeing.

Otherwise she has an inside source for information that she is not revealing.

Give her some credit she is not psychic she's just intelligent.

Oh, I'm giving her ton's of credit. She is very intelligent and I'm very impressed. Just saying that she called that one.