Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop Shoots Man dead After Running Down the man's Daughter

Cop Shoots Man dead After Running Down the man's Daughter

CHICAGO – An off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a man late Saturday night after a deadly confrontation ensued when the cop struck the man’s daughter with his motorcycle.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...down-daughter/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Just to tie this more directly to "self-defense."
    “After the accident he gets up and the girl’s father became irate with him and comes over to him,” Camden continued. “The officer tells him, ‘I’m the police. Take it easy.’ The guy says, ‘I don’t give a [bleep] who you are’ and hits him in the face. Another man hits him from behind. The officer goes to the ground. They’re beating him and he’s about to lose consciousness. He pulls his weapon to defend himself at that point, fires one shot, and kills one of the individuals who happens to be the father of the 4-year-old.”
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

~~Dang cops, riding their motorcycles on the sidewalks and people's yards, what do they think they're doing, playing DeathRace 2000?
    He did have good aim though, after laying down his motorcycle he still got style points for clipping the innocent little tyke (can't seem to find any report of injuries to her) with only the cost of a broken ankle.~~

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Just to tie this more directly to "self-defense."
    This "account" of what happened came from the spokesman for the Fraternal Order of Police.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    ~~Dang cops, riding their motorcycles on the sidewalks and people's yards, what do they think they're doing, playing DeathRace 2000?
    He did have good aim though, after laying down his motorcycle he still got style points for clipping the innocent little tyke (can't seem to find any report of injuries to her) with only the cost of a broken ankle.~~
    Taniyah spent the night in the hospital for contusions and abrasions, according to the Sun-Times. The officer suffered possible broken bones from the motorcycle accident, as well as contusions from the beating.
    "Her face was skinned, skin on her face," Darrell Davis, Middleton's uncle, said. "She's in a lot of pain right now."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz23ShNN1fd

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

“He never let anyone know he was a police officer until after he shot him,”

That's the best they can come up with? Well excuse me for being beaten unconscious; I should have called for a time out to mention that. Father is responsible for his own death.

Last week in the middle of the day a small girl riding her bike with training wheels, on the other side of the street, suddenly turns and peddles right across my front. I hit the brakes and blow the horn, the little snot nose yells "shut up". No adult supervision in sight!
    Last edited by jbone; 08-13-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Banned
    Looks like a good reason to support carry in Illinois ... Maywood at night is not the best area to be in w/o a gun. Not a getto, but better safe than sorry.

I know this may seem unlike me, but if accounts by the reporters are to be believed, I'm absolutely in support of the motorcycle rider.

One report says the girl darted into the street, another says she and an older relative were crossing the street together to gather with family at a restaurant (one report says it was returning from jerk chicken). One image captured on video shows such an establishment; Tropical Time, located at 1117 S 1st Ave, in Maywood.

Image captured in the first 15-seconds of the video located here.

The road is a 4-lane highway, posted at 35mph. Close by is an uncontrolled intersection with no crosswalks.

The girl's father is not reported to have attended to her injuries but instead to have confronted the motorcyclist who dumped his motorcycle in an effort to avoid the people crossing the street.

To be quite honest, I don't care if he didn't shout,"I'm a cop!" anymore than I care if he failed to shout, "I'm a pizza delivery driver." His employment is not a factor in the accident. The two guys who started beating on him got a rude, life-changing awakening, maybe they shouldn't have started beating on him in the first place, maybe?
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 08-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Banned
    First ave is a main street running N & S ... speed limit of about 35 MPH ... I'm sure that the cop was going 50+ MPH during this time...if he was going the speed limit there would have been no issue.

Although 1st ave is a main st....there are houses right off the road ... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1283215.story

why are chicago police there? Why the sheriff? Both have no jurisdiction there....C-O-V-E-R-U-P imminent!

I'm sure that the cop should be charged with reckless driving at least, possibly manslaughter. But it will never happen.

Welcome to crook county !

You don't see any riots, right?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Errr....what proof, or even suspicion is there as to the motorcyclist's speed? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    SNIP...First ave is a main street running N & S ... speed limit of about 35 MPH ... I'm sure that the cop was going 50+ MPH during this time...if he was going the speed limit there would have been no issue.

why are chicago police there? Why the sheriff? Both have no jurisdiction there....C-O-V-E-R-U-P imminent!

I'm sure that the cop should be charged with reckless driving at least, possibly manslaughter. But it will never happen.

You don't see any riots, right?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tin-foil-hat-625p.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	9075
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Errr....what proof, or even suspicion is there as to the motorcyclist's speed? Did I miss something?
    Well, the cop tried to hit and run from new reports .... how do I know? Because I know the area and that road. I'm sure it will come out...patience ...

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post

Name:	tin-foil-hat-625p.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	9075
    That picture makes me mad. I sell professional looking tin foil hats, and that one he is wearing is a disgrace as well as not putting money in my pocket. It's all George W. Bush's fault.

IF the story is complete then I say good for the cop.

the problem is we only have one side of the story, the statement from the Cop Fraternity.
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 08-14-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: edit for typo say for saw

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    IF the story is complete then I saw good for the cop.

the problem is we only have one side of the story, the statement from the Cop Fraternity.
    Ima holding back, until a little more info comes out. On the surface it does look like a justified shooting.

Well, the cop tried to hit and run from new reports .... how do I know?...

Name:	Oh_****_Not_Again.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	9076

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    It's all George W. Bush's fault.
    His daddy does not seem to be doing well as of late ... hope he is not suffering ... it does not look like he will be getting better.

His daddy does not seem to be doing well as of late ... hope he is not suffering ... it does not look like he will be getting better.
    I had not heard that, a shame, but everybody gets old. I'll say a prayer for him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    That picture makes me mad. I sell professional looking tin foil hats, and that one he is wearing is a disgrace as well as not putting money in my pocket. It's all George W. Bush's fault.
    How much are they???

I am absolutely on the side of the cop. I can tell you from experince (two motorcycle wrecks, and a steel plate in my arm) that you do not have to wreck going fast. I've required surgery for a 30 mph wreck. So, unless you can produce evidence that the office was speeding, then I believe he wasn't. I will stick it out to say that it is the child's fault. So many times have I almost hit children in my apartment complex on their bicycles or scooters because they just suddenly turn out in front of my car. In fact, the only times I have complained to their parents about it - the parents were offended and pretty much told me to **** off. Don't let your child play where cars go. Simple enough. Control your damn child. I've came close to wrecking soo many times on my bike because of a child jumping out in front of me. It seems people are driven so hard because to claim it is the riders fault simply because he is LEO. As for the hit and run comment, obviously you have never been in a motorcycle wreck. I have a hard time finding the truth in the father being a "nice man who was never angry", considering he brought a friend to beat the man rather than rushing to care for his daughter. If a man was to push my daughter off of a swing, I would check to make sure she was ok before moving to him.

Officer did what he had to do just like any of us would have done. Who cares if he said he was a cop before he shot or not. He was being beat up. Also maybe the stupid father should have taught his daughter that cars are dangerous and can kill people. I knew at a young age that I didn't want to be anywhere near a street because i could get hit. Nothing is more scary than hitting a kid or almost hitting one. I have had several close encounters where a kid just jumps out in front of your car and you stop so close they could touch your grill....parents need to watch their kids and if they cant watch them at all times teach them about the dangers of the area they live in.

I think the shooter should be charged with what ever charge they give to any other shmuck for carrying a weapon in chicago.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 08-15-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: sp
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I think the shooter should be charged with what ever charge they give to any other shmuck for carrying a weapon in chicago.
    "shmucks are not allowed to carry guns in Chicago, or Illinois, police officers are by federal law.

Think that no honest person should be charged for carrying a gun in Chicago. That is the goal is it not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast