• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Shoots Man dead After Running Down the man's Daughter

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just to tie this more directly to "self-defense."
“After the accident he gets up and the girl’s father became irate with him and comes over to him,” Camden continued. “The officer tells him, ‘I’m the police. Take it easy.’ The guy says, ‘I don’t give a [bleep] who you are’ and hits him in the face. Another man hits him from behind. The officer goes to the ground. They’re beating him and he’s about to lose consciousness. He pulls his weapon to defend himself at that point, fires one shot, and kills one of the individuals who happens to be the father of the 4-year-old.”

Fallschirjmäger

~~Dang cops, riding their motorcycles on the sidewalks and people's yards, what do they think they're doing, playing DeathRace 2000?
He did have good aim though, after laying down his motorcycle he still got style points for clipping the innocent little tyke (can't seem to find any report of injuries to her) with only the cost of a broken ankle.~~

twoskinsonemanns

~~Dang cops, riding their motorcycles on the sidewalks and people's yards, what do they think they're doing, playing DeathRace 2000?
He did have good aim though, after laying down his motorcycle he still got style points for clipping the innocent little tyke (can't seem to find any report of injuries to her) with only the cost of a broken ankle.~~

Taniyah spent the night in the hospital for contusions and abrasions, according to the Sun-Times. The officer suffered possible broken bones from the motorcycle accident, as well as contusions from the beating.
"Her face was skinned, skin on her face," Darrell Davis, Middleton's uncle, said. "She's in a lot of pain right now."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...er-motorcycle-article-1.1135200#ixzz23ShNN1fd

jbone

“He never let anyone know he was a police officer until after he shot him,”

That's the best they can come up with? Well excuse me for being beaten unconscious; I should have called for a time out to mention that. Father is responsible for his own death.

Last week in the middle of the day a small girl riding her bike with training wheels, on the other side of the street, suddenly turns and peddles right across my front. I hit the brakes and blow the horn, the little snot nose yells "shut up". No adult supervision in sight!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Looks like a good reason to support carry in Illinois ... Maywood at night is not the best area to be in w/o a gun. Not a getto, but better safe than sorry.

Fallschirjmäger

I know this may seem unlike me, but if accounts by the reporters are to be believed, I'm absolutely in support of the motorcycle rider.

One report says the girl darted into the street, another says she and an older relative were crossing the street together to gather with family at a restaurant (one report says it was returning from jerk chicken). One image captured on video shows such an establishment; Tropical Time, located at 1117 S 1st Ave, in Maywood.
l.jpg

Image captured in the first 15-seconds of the video located here.

The road is a 4-lane highway, posted at 35mph. Close by is an uncontrolled intersection with no crosswalks.

The girl's father is not reported to have attended to her injuries but instead to have confronted the motorcyclist who dumped his motorcycle in an effort to avoid the people crossing the street.

To be quite honest, I don't care if he didn't shout,"I'm a cop!" anymore than I care if he failed to shout, "I'm a pizza delivery driver." His employment is not a factor in the accident. The two guys who started beating on him got a rude, life-changing awakening, maybe they shouldn't have started beating on him in the first place, maybe?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
First ave is a main street running N & S ... speed limit of about 35 MPH ... I'm sure that the cop was going 50+ MPH during this time...if he was going the speed limit there would have been no issue.

Although 1st ave is a main st....there are houses right off the road ... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-killed-in-maywood-20120811,0,1283215.story

why are chicago police there? Why the sheriff? Both have no jurisdiction there....C-O-V-E-R-U-P imminent!

I'm sure that the cop should be charged with reckless driving at least, possibly manslaughter. But it will never happen.

Welcome to crook county !

You don't see any riots, right?

Last edited:

jbone

SNIP...First ave is a main street running N & S ... speed limit of about 35 MPH ... I'm sure that the cop was going 50+ MPH during this time...if he was going the speed limit there would have been no issue.

why are chicago police there? Why the sheriff? Both have no jurisdiction there....C-O-V-E-R-U-P imminent!

I'm sure that the cop should be charged with reckless driving at least, possibly manslaughter. But it will never happen.

You don't see any riots, right?

tin-foil-hat-625p.jpg

twoskinsonemanns

IF the story is complete then I say good for the cop.

the problem is we only have one side of the story, the statement from the Cop Fraternity.

Last edited: