• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My very first MWAG call....HAHA

Torquemaster69

I had my first MWAG call today. I dropped off a friend so he could talk to HR for a car dealership so he could start work. I was in my car waiting for him to get done doing what he needed to and had to use the restroom. I left my vehicle and went inside (OC of course) and after leaving the restroom, I was walking towards the exit and a guy at a desk said "hello, how are you?" I said "hey there, doing pretty good" and proceeded to walk outside and back into my car. As I'm sitting in it, about 10 minutes go by and a cruiser pulls into the parking lot and parks behind me. The cop gets out and asks me if I'm carrying, and I say "yes ma'am". She asks me what I'm carrying and stuff like that and told me she got a call about a man with a gun. She apologized for the inconvenience and said she thought it was dumb to have to come out for a guy that was open carrying and asked for my ID. I then made a smart-alec remark towards the people that called (I said "because we all know bad guys like to OC".) She laughed and agreed with me and then I gave my ID to her since she was nice about it and asked me what I had after she came back. I told her what it was and asked me what I was waiting on. I told her I was waiting on a friend and she said ok, told me to have a nice day and left.

Keens

Did you give her your phone number?

Sounds like she knows the law and is very pro-2A! I still haven't experienced a MWAG call yet and I hope it goes as well as yours!

Blessings,

Keens

cch10000

Sounds like it went well BUT

WhY would you excersize your 2a rights and give up your others, The LEO had no right to ask for your ID and to give it to them you gave up another Constitutional right.

Just wonderin

CH

Last edited:

cch10000

BTW Cops never ask questions because they are being freindly they ask to get info covertly. She might have seemd freindly but she was fishin, surprised she didn't ask to run your firearm,,,,,, best advice NEVER TALK TO A LEO.

Very good video on Y-Tube about this a very good watch if you haven't or even if you have watch it again.

CH

mahkagari

BTW Cops never ask questions because they are being freindly they ask to get info covertly. She might have seemd freindly but she was fishin, surprised she didn't ask to run your firearm,,,,,, best advice NEVER TALK TO A LEO.

Wiles, I tells ya! Wiles! Some might say uncanny ability to make a man sweaty and/or compliant!

Question is whether it will effect your friend's application if they saw what car he got into.

Torquemaster69

WhY would you excersize your 2a rights and give up your others, The LEO had no right to ask for your ID and to give it to them you gave up another Constitutional right.

Just wonderin

CH

Very good video on Y-Tube about this a very good watch if you haven't or even if you have watch it again.

CH

What have I got to hide? Besides, I've always been the suspicious type when asking for something and not getting it because it was my job to check up on things to make sure everything is on the up and up.....but that's just me (Coming from military experience). Being suspicious of every cop can't be healthy.

Last edited:

cch10000

Being suspicious of every LEO is a very healthy option, they aren't there to see how you are they are there to see if they can take you to jail and nothing else.

Watch the Never talk to a Leo video he(a Lawyer) gives some great examples of why not and it isn't what you have to hide its what they can make out of what you tell them,, satements That can and will be used against you

Glad it worked out well but be careful

CH

Last edited:

JamesB

...As I'm sitting in it, about 10 minutes go by and a cruiser pulls into the parking lot and parks behind me. The cop gets out and asks me if I'm carrying, and I say "yes ma'am"...

There is a detail being ommitted here that I am curious about.

Did the oficer turn on the overhead lights when parked behind you?

M-Taliesin

Did you give her your phone number?

Sounds like she knows the law and is very pro-2A! I still haven't experienced a MWAG call yet and I hope it goes as well as yours!
Keens

Howdy Keens!
What was that we got at McDonalds recently? They sure looked like cops to me!
I bet they still wonder how brazen I was to simply dismiss them and walk away!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

hammer6

Just wonderin

CH

annnnd why did you say you were carrying when clearly she had no idea because you were sitting in your car... cool MWAG call but srsly- just because she was nice, doesn't mean u should have given ur ID. unless she was a dime. then i would have done anything she asked. lol jk. but srsly.

hammer6

What have I got to hide? Besides, I've always been the suspicious type when asking for something and not getting it because it was my job to check up on things to make sure everything is on the up and up.....but that's just me (Coming from military experience). Being suspicious of every cop can't be healthy.

ummm...you don't exercise a right because you "have something to hide". you exercise a right because it IS your right. aye aye aye

hammer6

Howdy Keens!
What was that we got at McDonalds recently? They sure looked like cops to me!
I bet they still wonder how brazen I was to simply dismiss them and walk away!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Torquemaster69

All I see is a bunch of paranoia talking to be honest. She KNEW I was carrying. The people inside obviously described me and the vehicle I was in (I don't exactly have a non-descript vehicle) since it was almost right at the front door and before she drove into the parking lot, I did notice a few employees coming outside and looking at me and another friend that was riding with me (Total of 3, one inside talking with HR and the other with me). She was seeing if I was going to lie about it. AGAIN, from my experience in the military, it was perfectly normal questions and I had nothing to hide. But I guess that was obvious to me. What could she POSSIBLY do with my ID to arrest me with no previous record. OH WAIT...she doesn't know who I am and why I am there and for all she knows, I am a felon. And what happened once she found nothing? 5 minutes later she left vs arguing and 30 minutes later still arguing. Yeah, you don't HAVE to show ID....but I CHOSE to to get her out of my hair faster

cch10000

Tourq

If you watched the video and don't see that you gave up your 4rth and 5th rights I can't say any more cept glad it came out good for ya

I support the 2A which gives me the freedom to exercize the rest of them without fear.

Rights not ................

G'Day

ch

lockman

State Researcher
The rules for producing ID are a little different when you are sitting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

If the request was not for an ID but for a drivers license would it be different?

But being private property and the officer did not witness the operation of the vehicle I suppose my question would not apply in this case. As for RAS we never know what the complaint may have conveyed to the police.