Thread: Rampage shooters; number killed before stopped by LEOs / Civilians

Rampage shooters; number killed before stopped by LEOs / Civilians

Interesting Blogger article. Not hard core scientific, but not bad for web research.

I like that his Facebook / blogger friends reacted to his original numbers
    ... with great enthusiasm and much skepticism. Leave it to Facebook users to demand an audit on a meme. So, I started over, only much more meticulous this time.
    Same as here, no talking out your a$$.
    So he shows his work & references and details his logic in sorting out the data sets:

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.3

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.3
    LINK

Also:
    If you compare the average of people killed in shootings stopped by armed civilians and unarmed civilians you get 1.8 and 2.6
    Interesting...

To me this just confirms, being on the scene makes you the first responder, armed or unarmed.
    So be alert, be prepared, be safe out there.
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 08-14-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien
    Faramir iirc.

Good article, thanks for the links. More ammo to confuse the antis.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

Banned
    The courthouse shooting in Tyler, Texas was the only incident where the heroic civilian was killed.

That's out of 15 incidents ... so 1 out of 15 times the person who was a hero was a dead hero...so use caution folks, before you are the dead hero

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The courthouse shooting in Tyler, Texas was the only incident where the heroic civilian was killed.

That's out of 15 incidents ... so 1 out of 15 times the person who was a hero was a dead hero...so use caution folks, before you are the dead hero
    The incidents discussed, right? Cause the hero at the Sikh shooting died.