• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roll Call, possible M&G: Firestone, Longmont, Boulder, N. CO area

mahkagari

Hi all,

It's been too long since we had a meet and greet up here. Who is still around? Dynamite Rabbit? Carguy? I know we have a few new board members up this way as well. Leave a note so we can get an idea of who is interested.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard!
I'd be happy to show up, assuming it isn't on a day when I'm working!
(i.e. Saturday)

I'll even wear my expensive hat too!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mahkagari

Howdy Pard!
(i.e. Saturday)

We'll see. If there are enough takers, I'm considering to starting a regular meetup st the Starbucks on HWY119 across from the Home Depot. It could correspond with the kids' craft day on first Saturdays.

wmodavis

I'd even consider coming from the deep south. My son & family live in B and my Dr is there too so get up there on occasion. Keep us posted.
I don't have a $$$ hat but do have some cheap flip-flops. Will that get me in?

Last edited:

Dilligad316

Howdy Pard!
(i.e. Saturday)

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Well if MTs hat is willing to show up who could possibly not be there? :lol: If it is a and day and time when I am not busy I would be interested (as long as that cool hat is willing to show up carrying MT).

mahkagari

Well if MTs hat is willing to show up who could possibly not be there? :lol: If it is a and day and time when I am not busy I would be interested (as long as that cool hat is willing to show up carrying MT).

Dilligad, where are you hailing from? I know you let us know about the Boulder Friends of NRA banquet (which I'm recruiting friends and relatives to attend), so I think you're in the 'hood. Not discriminating against our fine friends around the state willing to travel and fill out a M&G, but I'm just trying to get a pulse of who is actually up here. There have been several intros, but I can't find/ID them all.

Dilligad316

Dilligad, where are you hailing from? I know you let us know about the Boulder Friends of NRA banquet (which I'm recruiting friends and relatives to attend), so I think you're in the 'hood. Not discriminating against our fine friends around the state willing to travel and fill out a M&G, but I'm just trying to get a pulse of who is actually up here. There have been several intros, but I can't find/ID them all.

Almost afraid to say but I am from SOUTH of Bldr not far enough south for my liking but still not the typical "Boulderite" that most think reside here. Having come from a family that has been in this area for much longer than most who are here now. I and several people I know are both CCer and OCer. If there is a meet and greet I am gonna try to get a few of them to come also have a few that are planning on attending the NRA banquet.

mahkagari

If there is a meet and greet I am gonna try to get a few of them to come also have a few that are planning on attending the NRA banquet.

Or vice versa. Gods, I really want to go to the banquet! Just thinking how much I enjoy ol' Ben's company.

S

scubabeme

Weekends are BEST for me, "normal" workday might be workable...so to speak. I don't post much, but I do read a lot, and I need to OC more to get used to it! (not as bold as most of you seem)

AnonymousCitizen

Well, this finally prompted me to register. I have been reading this forum regularly for a few years. I recently started OCing again, after a break of about 20-some years. Only this time, no shiny badge to go with it. So I guess this is my short little intro.

p.s. I'm in for the M&G. I'm in that area Mondays through Wednesdays and would like to attend.

JakeCake

Also new to this group! Just finished 5 years in the USMC, going to school and would love to support our 2nd Amendments rights! But I'm new to Open Carry and want to make sure I do it right and not in the wrong places. Also the wife and I have our pistol class for CCW coming up soon! So how do these M&G's work? Any issues in the past?

mahkagari

Not usually a problem. Particularly if the organizer is familiar with the location beforehand. A couple of years ago at a Firestone meetup an officer responded to a multiple MWAG call. Or rather M&WWAG. Er, PWAG. Ok, PWG. We reaffirmed the law with her and the manager gave us her blessing and the LEO was on her way.