• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayor McGinn meeting tonite!

jsanchez

Lets see if McGinn keeps bashing OC and guns in general tonite at his town hall.

Mayor's Town Hall Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 5:30 – 8pm
500 yds500 yds© 2012 Microsoft Corporation © 2010 NAVTEQ © AND © 2012 Microsoft Corporation © 2010 NAVTEQ © AND
View Full MapLocation:St. Mark's Lutheran Church
6020 Beacon Ave S
Seattle, WA 98108
Event Description:Agenda:
5:30-6:30 pm: Tabling by City departments and community groups
6:30 pm: Performance by local artists
6:40-8:00 pm: Questions and answers with the Mayor and City staff
Department/Organization:Mayor's Office
Mayor's Office Staff Involved:Mayor
Mayor's Office event type:Town Hall
Mayor's Office event sponsor:Mayor's Office
Neighborhoods:Beacon Hill, Judkins Park, Licton Springs, Madrona/Leschi, Mt. Baker/North Rainier, North Beacon Hill/Jefferson Park, Rainier Beach/Othello, Seward Park, South Beacon Hill/New Holly
Audience:All
Event Types:Community, Neighborhood Meetings, Public Forum, Public Outreach and Engagement, Special Events
Event Contact:Sol Villarreal
Event Contact Position/Department:Mayor's Office
Event Contact Phone:206-427-3062
Event Contact Email:sol.villarreal@seattle.gov
Link:mayormcginn.seattle.gov…

So everyone knows Seattle is pushing for taking away state pre-emption and this coming election could get it done.

One of the best ways to keep it from happening is to discredit Mcginn for the gun violence due to picking the wrong chief of police, and not creating jobs so the youth turn to violence. This is one way to keep him from gettign re-elected.

So come join the bashing tonite and save your gun rights. Its in a church so your have to conceal carry. He does that to keep open carry from his events. But there is a street fair comming up later this month that he can't keep us out of and he will be speaking there.

SeattleWingsfan

Maybe he is known to pick Churches that have no firearms signs posted. Lots of them do. My dads church in Texas is cool because the pastor carries on him while doing services. Promotes 2nd amendment, even have church range days. I am sure there are more churches that prohibit than endorse though. Ultimatly the decision is theirs.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I do not buy into that McGinn or our Representatives in Washington Sate can get State Preemption removed with the current make up in our House and Senate.
While the pro gun legislatures do not have the numbers or the ability to push through pro gun issues, nor does the anti gun people have the numbers to make it happen.
Prime example, how long have they wanted to close what they call the gun show loop hole? Has it gained any ground? Did the AWB that was brought up in Olympia go anywhere? Nope.

I am not implying at some point it cannot happen but stay in touch with your representatives in Olympia and seek their continued support.

Last edited:

deanf

While the pro gun legislatures do not have the numbers

Why do you say "legislatures"? That word means the bicameral elected law making bodies of more than one state. This is strictly a Washington issue.

Or do you mean "legislators"? - the individual elected law makers? Please clarify.

jsanchez

So we went....

Redboneshadow and I. I ask the mayor during the questioning part of town hall, at your inaguration at city hall, you said you wanted open government. Then at the police chief debates, which most people thought Chief Diez came in last place, you picked him. Now the we have the worst police dept. in the nation, as per the federal government having to step in. I want to know why did you want to keep the negociations with the feds secret? He responed that it was the federal government that wanted to keep them secret not him, and we don't have the worst police dept. in the nation. I responded with the federal government says your the worst police dept. in the nation, otherwise why are they here?

Redboneshadow asked him what he was going to do to protect good gun owners in light of the misuse of guns by criminals? The mayor said they were going to focus on the criminal misuses of guns.

Then we left.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Maybe I will go to the next one.

I have routinely demanded that Chief Diaz be removed from his position. I have done so in emails to the Mayor's office, in comments on the Seattle Times website and on other forums where the topic comes up. Perhaps it is time to do so in person. There is clear evidence of a corrupt 'old boys' network within the Seattle Police Department, that puts the citizens of Seattle and other visitors to the city at risk.

jsanchez

GOGO I think you are 100% right. Did you see the news today about the off duty seattle cop who kicked a handcuffed suspect in the head a got a 10 day suspension without pay disaplin from Chief Diez, but wait there's a catch. The suspension only happens if he does something else wrong in the next 2 years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! They should fire this cop, and put him in jail. IMO.

The mayor is attending a street fair in Columbia City neighborhood this Saturday from 11am to 4pm. Redboneshadow and myself might go.