• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about My upcoming Trip to Arizona

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I beg to differ with whoever said carry in government buildings is prohibited.

Unless posted, you are well within your rights to carry into a government building. Police stations, in my experience, are posted. In Arizona there is also a law that secure storage must be offered but not all places are in compliance.

You may wish to skim this document; it's a little more concise than the ARS but it also pertains to concealed carry.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

Thanks for the post Fonz,

I was speaking from very limited experiences in AZ (Phoenix metro area) so far I have seen no Guns/Knives postings at: The Maricopa County Sheriffs department, Cave Creek City Hall, Cave Creek Police station, Glendale City Hall. I was attempting to get the info contained in your link - Thank you very much for posting it for others like myself who are visiting or new to the area.

I come from Michigan and it is goofy to me that in a State like AZ where people can carry much more than in the majority of other states, that officials here are worried about law abiding citizens carrying in "their" buildings.??? If you look at the pic included you will see a photo of 30 of us carrying in a Birmingham, MI city council meeting (sitting all around the police chief) to draw attention to the unlawful arrest of a open carrier. No one got hurt, no one was rude and life went on for everyone in the room. Go figure?

Attachments

• BPDmeet.jpeg
    BPDmeet.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited: