• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOLO stolen glock 21gen4-renton-8-15-12

badger54

If you don't mind me asking what area of Renton are you in. I'm also in renton and things have been going crazy near me in the last few weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

SpyderTattoo

Dave, I wasn't referring to you about being difficult. And by the way, I'm not making policy about checking serial numbers at the gate. That IS coming from the show manager who is given that authority by the directors. No, I'm not making the policy. I'm also not in a position to do so. But what difference does that make? Again, it's different than the police running a S/N to see if the gun is stolen. If we were to see a specific gun that was reported stolen then we would check the S/N against a known stolen S/N on a piece of note paper, to see if it was that gun. If the S/N isn't correct, we're not keeping the number of the gun we're checking, just checking it against the number that we have. Nothing gets recorded or put on any list. Quit acting like private security is the same as police.

What's the difference if an employee at a gun shop is doing a deal/trade with a customer? If the gun shop had a list of stolen S/N's and spotted a potential match, wouldn't they check that out? It's clear that this is an anti-WAC attitude since no one is saying anything about gun shops checking for the exact same thing.

Now seriously, all I did was offer what assistance I can to one of our fellow OC'ers to help him possibly find his gun, and two of you are jumping down my throat because of WAC policies. C'mon guys, give it a rest already.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Nah if I was being difficult I would contact the board of directors and asked them who makes policy for entry at the door? I bet it is not you!

And this is exactly the same attitude displayed by some officers that do not know the law or feel they can get away with it and make it up as they go, as for me neither you or them will run the serial numbers off my guns with out the force of law.

There's a big difference between watching for a specific serial number to pass the tie-table, and "run[ning] the serial numbers" .

dadada

Dave, I wasn't referring to you about being difficult. And by the way, I'm not making policy about checking serial numbers at the gate. That IS coming from the show manager who is given that authority by the directors. No, I'm not making the policy. I'm also not in a position to do so. But what difference does that make? Again, it's different than the police running a S/N to see if the gun is stolen. If we were to see a specific gun that was reported stolen then we would check the S/N against a known stolen S/N on a piece of note paper, to see if it was that gun. If the S/N isn't correct, we're not keeping the number of the gun we're checking, just checking it against the number that we have. Nothing gets recorded or put on any list. Quit acting like private security is the same as police.

What's the difference if an employee at a gun shop is doing a deal/trade with a customer? If the gun shop had a list of stolen S/N's and spotted a potential match, wouldn't they check that out? It's clear that this is an anti-WAC attitude since no one is saying anything about gun shops checking for the exact same thing.

Now seriously, all I did was offer what assistance I can to one of our fellow OC'ers to help him possibly find his gun, and two of you are jumping down my throat because of WAC policies. C'mon guys, give it a rest already.

What happens if you do run across a gun thats got a S/N that you've been TOLD is stolen? Do you have any way of confirming what you've been TOLD, and are you prepared to defend yourself in court if you've been given false info or someone's transposed a number? How about if it really is stolen, and the guy carrying it desides he wants it back? Your guns are tied, and he being a bad guy has another gun at the ready?

Last edited:

oneeyeross

So, the clue here to everyone - don't take a pistol that you've stolen to a WAC show, and you won't have any issues....is you want to sell it, take it somewhere else.

SFCRetired

OP, glad you had insurance and hope you not only get your weapon back, but that the thief is caught.

For the nay-sayers: Hope you never get in OP's position. If you do, I can tell you where to find the sympathy you did not give him. It's in the dictionary between "s..t" and "syphilis".

Some disgusting, to me, responses here to a fellow gun owner having difficulties.

@Spyder Tattoo: It was gratifying to see you offer assistance at the gun show in an effort to uncover OP's weapon. Thank you!!

oneeyeross

Really? Another person piles-on with the anti-WAC rhetoric instead of realizing that helping to find a stolen gun is a good thing.

That wasn't intended as anti-WAC, it was intended to say to people don't take it to WAC it you stole a pistol...it was supposed to be humor, but timing and subtle voice inflections don't come across that well in a printed format.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Do you wear a cape when working, oh hey did you get a star to pin on? :lol::p

That wasn't intended as anti-WAC, it was intended to say to people don't take it to WAC it you stole a pistol...it was supposed to be humor, but timing and subtle voice inflections don't come across that well in a printed format.

Yeah humor is lost quickly around here unless you tell them it was!

I bet his Spidey senses are tingling now!
Spidey+senses.jpg