• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOLO stolen glock 21gen4-renton-8-15-12

dj_fatstyles

some piece of s#!t came in through my sliding glass door 45 minutes ago (3:00am) and stole my glock 21. stay on look out if some lowlife wants to make money off it.
Model# 21 gen4 with stainless steel lone wolf threaded barrel
Serial# SHC025

edit to add: has a stainless steel lone wolf threaded barrel installed.

Last edited:

SpyderTattoo

Good job. You've turned this thread into another "let's bash WAC" thread. Give it a rest. The guy had his gun stolen and is just trying to get a little help with it. Some of us here are able to keep an eye out for him. What can you do besides make incorrect statements and try to bash the gunshow?

dj_fatstyles

i forgot to add that this g21 is very distinguishable since it has a stainless steel lone wolf threaded barrel installed. will also edit OP. thanks again for any help you guys can give.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Good job. You've turned this thread into another "let's bash WAC" thread. Give it a rest. The guy had his gun stolen and is just trying to get a little help with it. Some of us here are able to keep an eye out for him. What can you do besides make incorrect statements and try to bash the gunshow?

What would you say to an Officer wanting to check your firearm serial number because he knows a particular firearm was stolen somewhere?
MWAG calls, how similar in nature!
Just randomly checking someones firearm with out PC.
What would you say if someone just stopped you and asked for your serial number?
Practice what you preach comes to mind.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
some piece of s#!t came in through my sliding glass door 45 minutes ago (3:00am) and stole my glock 21. stay on look out if some lowlife wants to make money off it.
Model# 21 gen4 with stainless steel lone wolf threaded barrel
Serial# SHC025

edit to add: has a stainless steel lone wolf threaded barrel installed.

Sorry to hear you lost your sidearm and hopefully you will get it returned.
You did not mention if you filed a police report on this and curious where was the gun where they had access to it?
House or renters insurance should take care of the loss, unfortunately one has to take that route.

dj_fatstyles

Sorry to hear you lost your sidearm and hopefully you will get it returned.
You did not mention if you filed a police report on this and curious where was the gun where they had access to it?
House or renters insurance should take care of the loss, unfortunately one has to take that route.

i do have firearms insurance through state farm and they are covering 100% of the declared value.

it was on my nightstand maybe a foot-foot and a half from where i was sleeping. i live on the second floor in an apt complex and the guy scaled the balcony and gained access through the screen door ive had open since its been so hot. he walked through the living room, turned on the living room light. went into the bedroom where i was sleeping, turned on the light (and im just guessing here) probably panicked and grabbed the first two things he saw of value, my gun and wallet. (found my wallet later that morning) and bolted out the front door.

i woke up because of the light being on. bolted up from a dead sleep, looked at the nightstand saw the gun and wallet were gone. i got up and went to the living room to find the front door still swinging. i called my wife at work to see if she had left any of the lights on ro the front door unlocked. she told me that she didnt. i then called the police and filed a stolen gun report.

i remembered that the complex has video cameras and one is on my building. so i talked with the office to see if they would be able to find anything on the cameras but they didnt find anything. :(

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
dj that is very unnerving that someone was in the room with you asleep and stole your firearms and wallet to boot, glad to hear that no harm came to you or your family.
Many times the ones that steel from others is someone you know or met or have been in your apartment before I know when I lived in apartments in Tacoma before one of the maintenance men made an extra pass key for a guy that was staying with him and he was going into apartments burglarizing them while they were away, they did eventually catch him but it took a while.

Buy an air conditioner.

SpyderTattoo

What would you say to an Officer wanting to check your firearm serial number because he knows a particular firearm was stolen somewhere?
MWAG calls, how similar in nature!
Just randomly checking someones firearm with out PC.
What would you say if someone just stopped you and asked for your serial number?
Practice what you preach comes to mind.

This is ridiculous. We both know that your examples are nothing like what happens at the tie table at the gunshow. There is no law inforcement involved. People are voluntarily entering private property and are subject to search and having their weapons checked and tied. Security is not just some random person stopping and asking to see someone's firearm. This has nothing to do with "practice what you preach".

Of course I would resist an illegal search from a police officer. Of course I wouldn't just give my serial number to a random person asking for it. But to equate those things with what happens at the gun tie table at the gunshow is insanity.

Tacitus42

So if i show up at the next WAC show with tape over the serial number on my Glock 22, would you deny me entry?
Nothing about this in the Rules of the Road.
No i would not remove it for you. Nor would i try to sell it either. Really, who would buy a gun with serial number covered.
I was not bashing the WAC just stating facts. Yes i am a member. But after reading former LEO Mr. Bill Burris's condesending, asinine article in the August issue of the WAC GunNews. Titled "Straight Talk About Firearm Carry and Safety and the Application of Safety Rules to WAC Events" I'm seriously considering turning in my WAC badge.
Do hope he gets his G21 back though.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
This is ridiculous. We both know that your examples are nothing like what happens at the tie table at the gunshow. There is no law inforcement involved. People are voluntarily entering private property and are subject to search and having their weapons checked and tied. Security is not just some random person stopping and asking to see someone's firearm. This has nothing to do with "practice what you preach".

Of course I would resist an illegal search from a police officer. Of course I wouldn't just give my serial number to a random person asking for it. But to equate those things with what happens at the gun tie table at the gunshow is insanity.

And now you know why I don't visit WAC Gun Shows! (Attitudes as this, don't apply to them)

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Now you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Nah if I was being difficult I would contact the board of directors and asked them who makes policy for entry at the door? I bet it is not you!

And this is exactly the same attitude displayed by some officers that do not know the law or feel they can get away with it and make it up as they go, as for me neither you or them will run the serial numbers off my guns with out the force of law.

Last edited:

dj_fatstyles

wow, just wow.

82wus.jpg