• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OH YEAH. Special OPS Rifle Now for Civilians

TyGuy

The "Paratus"? Perfect for Marines. My old unit's motto was Nunquam Non Paratus - never unprepared. Kinda silly to use double negative, but maybe it let's me buy this rifle too?

HolyOrangeJuice

CATPBJ
Posted on August 10, 2012 at 10:28am
Yeah, I know, 2nd Amendment…. BS! Civillians should not be allowed to buy these. Is it used for protection like a handgun? No. Is it used for hunting? No. End of story. You cannot get one!

This is one of the comments on that page. Some people just don't understand that when the zombie apocalypse comes we don't want just hand handguns or hunting rifles. We want this! $5k+ is a bit too much though for zombie security.

Last edited:

Sorcice

That's pretty awesome but what makes that so much better than most other AR-15 models? Seems silly to buy that over a similar rifle for less than half the price. Hell even 2, or spare ammo for that matter.

twoskinsonemanns

That's pretty awesome but what makes that so much better than most other AR-15 models? Seems silly to buy that over a similar rifle for less than half the price. Hell even 2, or spare ammo for that matter.

Better than an AR? I guess the break down and also getting rid of the buffer tube system opens up folding stocks. I likey.
Going to have to wait for the price to come down though.

Law abider

I specially like this description: The whole Paratus package can fit in a small camera size hard case 16“x 10” x 6″, or be placed in a Halliburton diplomatic attache case. Got to own a small part of Haliburton. This gun will be gun control wacko proof too since they hate Haliburton, won't be able to open the case nor understand the instructions to assemble the rifle Ha Ha. :banana:

Last edited:

AaronS

"While it has all the benefits of gas-operated rifles like the AR-15 and M4"...

Hmm...

Would this make it a new DI rifle?

Think I will stick with a piston driven rifle...

Firearms Iinstuctor

Most every body would benifit from a thousand dollar rifle and a few thousand dollars of paractice instead.

Most of the time its not the rifle it the shooter behind it.

MainelyGlock

1) Sexy rifle!

2) Discussing long guns on this forum seems to be frowned upon and is against the rules ( so I'm told ), so just be wary of that. I've been spoken to a few times by a moderator/admin because of threads [of mine] that broke the OCDO rules by mentioning my Mossberg and AR.

3) Sexy rifle!

twoskinsonemanns

1) Sexy rifle!

2) Discussing long guns on this forum seems to be frowned upon and is against the rules ( so I'm told ), so just be wary of that. I've been spoken to a few times by a moderator/admin because of threads [of mine] that broke the OCDO rules by mentioning my Mossberg and AR.

The rule is specific to long gun carry.

JohnMoses

http://www.paraord.com/new/product_rifle.php

rifle_TTR-XA_large01.jpg

rifle_TTR-XAS_large04.jpg

Para Tactical Target Rifle Specifications:

Model Names (Product Codes): TTR – Aluminum Partial Rail Forearm (TTR-XAS)
TTR – Aluminum Full Rail Forearm (TTR-XA)
Caliber: 5.56 NATO (.223)
Barrel: 16.5 inches chrome lined
Twist: 1 in 9 inches, right-hand
Action: Semi-automatic, DIGS™ (Delayed Impingement Gas System)
Bolt: Rotating lock
Sights: Front sight adjustable for elevation, rear sight adjustable for windage
Receiver: Flat topped with full length Picatinny Rail
Trigger: Single-stage
Magazine: 30-round capacity
Stocks: RDS™ (Rapid Deployment Stock) 5-position folding stock
Overall Length: RDS open and fully extended: 36.25 inches, RDS open and telescoped in: 33.25 inches, RDS folded: 26.50 inches
Height: Bottom of pistol grip to top of sights – 9.125 inches
Weight: 7.4 - 7.8 pounds (depending on model)
Finish: Black
Safety: Trigger blocking selector
Add’l Features: Field strips with no tools, multiple sling mount points
MSRPs: TTR – Aluminum Partial Rail Forearm (TTR-XAS) - $2,397
TTR – Aluminum Full Rail Forearm (TTR-XA) - $2,397

Interceptor_Knight

"While it has all the benefits of gas-operated rifles like the AR-15 and M4"...

Hmm...

Would this make it a new DI rifle?

Think I will stick with a piston driven rifle...

It is piston driven. Even pistons are gas-operated.....:cool:
I will stick to DI. I would rather afford 2 or more instead of spending more money on 1 so that I have more to share with friends in a time of need.... Remember that a cardinal rule for gunfights is to bring friends with guns...:D

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

It is piston driven. Even pistons are gas-operated.....:cool:
I will stick to DI. I would rather afford 2 or more instead of spending more money on 1 so that I have more to share with friends in a time of need.... Remember that a cardinal rule for gunfights is to bring friends with guns...:D

I'll stick to both :lol:
My ARs and AKs both make me tingle when I hold them ;)

I agree to sticking with the not spending that much money.
I don't have any $1500 hand guns or $3000 rifles but I have lots and lots of the half-that-price variety.

Man... I've got more guns than friends. So far I've got one. ha!
But his plan is to head out of dodge..... Mine is to bunker down.

TyGuy

Guns & Ammo had an article last year (I have the scan at home) that showed that DI rifles were more reliable. The piston systems got clogged by sand and mud whereas the DI ones just blew the crud out.

Interceptor_Knight

Guns & Ammo had an article last year (I have the scan at home) that showed that DI rifles were more reliable. The piston systems got clogged by sand and mud whereas the DI ones just blew the crud out.

I will stick to cleaning my rifle and pistol after using them or when they need it while being used and not worry about what weapons the magazines are trying to tell me I should be owning...:dude:

TyGuy

They weren't telling you what to own. They tested about 8 different ARs from different manufacturers. They noted that the piston systems fouled up with particulates whereas the DI did not. I am not saying not to buy a piston AR, but just know that just because it's a piston AR doesn't mean it's invincible.

It's like when I saw a revolver fail at the range earlier this year. The cylinder wouldn't rotate or open. I don't know what the problem was, but even the venerable "reliable" revolver can fail from time to time.

AaronS

As soon as Stag comes out with an piston driven AR-10, I am all over it.

It is shocking how clean my AR is after a few hundred rounds.

Getting rid of the buffer/spring setup (as in the OP) sure would be nice.