• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winco sign in Nampa

carracer

Purchased my winning lottery ticket for this evenings powerball. As I was waiting for the ticket to print I was reading their sign on the wall. One is a hand written sign stating that concealed Weapon Permits are not accepted as ID for any transaction. I contacted winco corporate and they stated any state issued id is acceptable and the store manager has discretion. According to the girl at the customer service counter the reason for not honoring the permit is that it is County issued not state issued. She didn't know anything other than that. the store manager was not available at the time I was there or I would have quizzed him.

I looked at my permit and it does have the Idaho seal and hologram. It states "Idaho Concealed Weapons License", however, it has a county id number.

Hmmm. I think using the store manager logic, Idaho Driver Licenses are not acceptable either as the county sherrif dept issues those also. I think he does not understand that both licenses are issued for the state by the county.

bowb

Just a guess, they might follow election guidelines for what is considered identification. A CWL is not on the list. Which is interesting because last time I voted I pulled out my CWL by mistake and had no problems.

Last edited: