• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Pro Gun Blog

Prophet

There's a new pro gun blog on the street and I was wondering what you guys thought about it

http://gunowners.wordpress.com/

I think it represents the 2nd Amendment well, has some funny points, its well written, witty, sticks it to the gun grabbing zealots, stands up for the little guy and for you ladies, word on the street is that its author is pretty easy on the eyes

Ok ok, you got me...its me. And I'm sure some OC content will eventually make its way on there..

OC for ME

We talked about all that stuff, here, already and have a more rapid feed back capability. Black background and gray text....no thanks won't be going back. OCDO is more fun.

OC for ME

There's a new pro gun blog on the street and I was wondering what you guys thought about it

I think it represents the 2nd Amendment well, has some funny points, its well written, witty, sticks it to the gun grabbing zealots, stands up for the little guy and for you ladies, word on the street is that its author is pretty easy on the eyes

Ok ok, you got me...its me. And I'm sure some OC content will eventually make its way on there..
Eventually???

Tess

Founder's Club Member

Looked at it. Then looked at who is responsible for content. I can get lots of pro-gun information and read lots of pro-gun blogs from other sources; GOA is not amongst my favorites.

Thanks for letting me know, but it didn't make my bookmark list.

Redbaron007

Looked at it. Then looked at who is responsible for content. I can get lots of pro-gun information and read lots of pro-gun blogs from other sources; GOA is not amongst my favorites.

Thanks for letting me know, but it didn't make my bookmark list.

Ditto....

Prophet

I also changed the font coloring for our more...experienced...members who couldn't see it very clearly. :)

It was actually a more common complaint than I thought it would be.

Prophet

Out of curiosity, why not? With your emphasis on bold I am under the impression that there is a specific reason and I am curious as to why. Plus, I am responsible for the content. I happen to work for the GOA. Does that invalidate what I have to say and the some 5 years or so I have been on this forum?

Like I said, just curious to hear your opinion.

twoskinsonemanns

Nice article. Enjoyed it right up to the point where you insinuate "pushy" OCers are to blame for California's open carry ban.

"I spoke of a very passive approach to OC that doesn’t shove it in anyones face. Sometimes when you push your advantage you end up shooting yourself in the foot..."

Redbaron007

National Reciprocity is letting the camel's nose under the tent for privileged, not constitutional, carrying. It's a states issue, let it remain that way. Once a politician gains control, do they leave it at that or attain more? Same with the this stupid reciprocity bill. :banghead:

Another reason not to support GOA and the NRA. But at least the NRA is the big elephant in the room and has political sway. GOA just faxes letters. :lol:

Sorry...didn't mean to derail the thread. Just a small burr under my saddle! :mad:

Prophet

Nice article. Enjoyed it right up to the point where you insinuate "pushy" OCers are to blame for California's open carry ban.

"I spoke of a very passive approach to OC that doesn’t shove it in anyones face. Sometimes when you push your advantage you end up shooting yourself in the foot..."

I didn't mean to insinuate that. I actually meant to flat out say that. I'm not sure if it was the wrong thing or not, but at the end of the day, the OC get togethers as counter protests pissed off the wrong people and they struck back. Mainly by outlawing Open Carry. That's what happened.

Now, hindsight is 20/20 and maybe I wouldn't have thought the same if i was living in California but I mean, nearly the entirety of the gun community had to band together to stop the outlawing and confiscation of AR platform rifles because a state senator Leland Yee got his panties in a bunch when he say just how silly and stupid the bullet button restriction was in the first place after seeing some guy brag about how easy it was to bypass on television.

Leland Yee of San Francisco ,who has probably never fired a gun in his life, safe from all but a Primary challenge came within a hairs breath of outlawing over 1 million guns. All because he was rubbed the wrong way by some guy braggin on tv.

Is it right? Should Yee be allowed to do such things? No. But this isn't about the Constitution, its about California. Even after being told by the legal counsel for the state that his bill was unconstitutional he went forward with it anyways.

My point is that these people don't care and if you wake the sleeping gun control zealot he is going to act.

That was my point. I believe in Open Carry, its how I go about my day, but I think time has tempered me into not thinking you need to pistol whip people with it in order to accomplish your goal (if your goal is geared toward some activist end).

And to RedBaron, ya gotta start somewhere and nearly 400,000 members isn't exactly nothing. And we do more than fax letters...we happen to have a blog also, thank you very much :)

WalkingWolf

I wish people would stop blaming each other for the tyranny from government. The only people to blame are the politicians. I would imagine the dirty bureaucrats enjoy nicely the licking of their backsides while watching the people who pay their paycheck trash each other.

The people in CA lost because it is a liberal state, the outcome would have been the same even if the OC groups, or people had not exercised their rights. And even if the law was not passed, because they did not exercise their rights the outcome is the same.

The courts IMO have two choices, either restore states rights, or enforce the US constitution in regards to 2A. IMO the answer is clear.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Out of curiosity, why not? With your emphasis on bold I am under the impression that there is a specific reason and I am curious as to why. Plus, I am responsible for the content. I happen to work for the GOA. Does that invalidate what I have to say and the some 5 years or so I have been on this forum?

Like I said, just curious to hear your opinion.

The GOA is not among my favorites, that is true.

In my experience, the GOA is Larry Pratt (or was, last time I looked). I have had some run-ins in which Larry had his mind made up and was unwilling to listen, even accusing me of taking the part of anti-gunners because I saw a case in a different manner than he did. Secondly, I find the GOA's e-mails make it seem the GOA goes beyond gun rights, and if it doesn't like a piece of legislation, goes to great lengths to find something it can possibly tie to guns so it can oppose the legislation. I find it contrived, and I get the same sense when reading those pieces that I get from hate groups.

Yes, these are emotional responses; I know that. Those responses, though, make me dismiss the GOA except to know where it stands. Anything else it does or says is beyond my interest.

I know most of my gun-loving colleagues, in Virginia at least, think GOA is great, and I don't talk bad about them (I do respond in this fashion IF I'm asked), but I don't talk them up either, or share their links, or recommend others go check them out.

Redbaron007

....snip....

And to RedBaron, ya gotta start somewhere and nearly 400,000 members isn't exactly nothing. And we do more than fax letters...we happen to have a blog also, thank you very much :)

Yep! :)

Glad you now have a blog! Muv'n on up! :D

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I didn't mean to insinuate that. I actually meant to flat out say that.

Thanks for clarifying. Your one of those "support me my way but piss on you if I don't like your method" 2A supporters eh?
Don't worry your not the only shmuck out there.
There are people who think you can own a gun but not if you have children.
There are some who think it's ok if it never leaves your home.
There are some who think it's ok outside the home as long as it's concealed.
There are some tho think it's ok the OC as long as you do it only in the places they approve. No libraries or movie theaters or starbucks.
Others think OC anywhere is OK but if your carrying a voice recorder your an evil "baiter"

Not a whole lot of people out there really support other's rights...

Prophet

Tess, vaild points and I can understand being rubbed wrong by a person. No one should feel they are being dismissed. I hope that in the future you might give us another look. Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Redbaron, you got that right! :)

No 2skins1man,

Thanks for clarifying. Your one of those "support me my way but piss on you if I don't like your method" 2A supporters eh?
Don't worry your not the only shmuck out there.
There are people who think you can own a gun but not if you have children.
There are some who think it's ok if it never leaves your home.
There are some who think it's ok outside the home as long as it's concealed.
There are some tho think it's ok the OC as long as you do it only in the places they approve. No libraries or movie theaters or starbucks.
Others think OC anywhere is OK but if your carrying a voice recorder your an evil "baiter"

Not a whole lot of people out there really support other's rights...

I don't recall saying any of this. And I didn't start with the name calling so maybe you can dial back the elementary school yard taunts. And if you actually looked over any of my posts from here, you would know not to make blanket accusations from some imagined height of moral superiority.

And you're wrong, California had UOC for for 41 years, since the 1967 Mulford act, and no one made a move against it. Then you have the OC'ers make it a cause celebre and after 4 decades it just happens that right after it is coincidentally banned? There was a cause and effect. As I said, i'm not sure whether it should have been done or not but what I am saying is that UOC is no longer allowed in California because of it. I don't see how recognizing an obvious truth makes me a schmuck but if I'm not a "pure" enough open carrier for you, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.