• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House immigration policy for younger illegals

oldbanger

“Imagine you’ve done everything right your entire life — studied hard, worked hard, maybe even graduated at the top of your class — only to suddenly face the threat of deportation,” Obama said

“It makes no sense to expel talented young people … who want to staff our labs, or start new businesses or defend our country,” he said

the White House immigration policy for younger illegals to include low-skill immigrants who have not completed middle school or high school.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/15/obama-immigration-amnesty-to-include-middle-school-dropouts/#

Last edited:

Jack House

It'd be wrong to deport people to countries they know nothing about all because their parents illegally dragged them across some stupid, imaginary line in the sand that has been used to control, not only outsiders, but those in the country as well.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

This is entire a feel-good issue. There is no right or wrong. Their deportation would be sad for them. It could be beneficial for those legally here by 1) freeing up positions at colleges, 2) reducing public school costs, 3) decreasing the drive for public subsidy of many things, like jobs, food, housing..., and 4) it diincentivizes illegal behavior by parents hoping for precisely this kind of amnesty.
Maybe people should force changes in their country of origin instead of leaving to come here. or maybe not. I'm not arguing either way, since it isn't my battle to fight. It's not about being fair, it's about individual self preservation.

Ca Patriot

It'd be wrong to debate people to countries they know nothing about all because their parents illegally dragged them across some stupid, imaginary line in the sand that has been used to control, not only outsiders, but those in the country as well.

You are assuming way too much.

In California where there are 8-10 million illegal aliens, the vast majority of children have lived in both countries and have extended family in their native countries.

Illegal means illegal.

It means they have no right to be here unless an American president subverts congress, the law, and the American public to create his own amnesty plan.

I am going to give you a pass because you probably have little experience living where few people speak english and the only time you see American flags is when they are being desecrated.

You probably have almost no idea what illegal aliens have done to parts of this country.

Jack House

and the American public
Last I checked, I'm part of the American public, and as a part of the American public, I vote we greatly relax immigration and customs.

I am going to give you a pass because you probably have little experience living where few people speak english and the only time you see American flags is when they are being desecrated.

You probably have almost no idea what illegal aliens have done to parts of this country.
People talk a lot about illegals and what they may or may not have done. But honestly? There's a far larger threat to this nation and it's ain't comin' from outside the border.

Just sayin~

Ca Patriot

Illegal aliens in America kill about 1,000 American citizens every year.

How many does Al-Qaeda kill in America ?

Illegal aliens vote overwhelmingly for democrats.

Illegal aliens have NO RIGHT to be in America and Obama is a complete coward for allowing their citizenship all by himself.

Anyway, you and the illegals win this battle and you will ultimately win the war.

America just keeps going down the drain more and more everyday and people like you are more than willing to help.

Jack House

Illegal aliens in America kill about 1,000 American citizens every year.
You got a cite for this or did you pull the number out of your ass? Even if true, is it gang related where the killers just happen to be illegals or is it just illegals in general? Actual cites please. Also, I need proof that every last one of those "about 1,000" murder victims was an actual US citizen and not just a murder victim, which could indicate other illegal aliens.

How many does Al-Qaeda kill in America ?
How many do Christians kill? IDK, but I know it's more than Al-Qaeda. :rolleyes:

Illegal aliens have NO RIGHT to be in America and Obama is a complete coward for allowing their citizenship all by himself.
Because you said so. I say you don't have a right to be here. NOW WHAT? :lol:

Illegal aliens vote overwhelmingly for democrats.
Flawless reasoning! Let's keep these vile scummy heathens out of our country because they vote for the party we don't like. While we're at, why not just round up all registered Democrats and ship them off to Australia. It's still a penal colony, right? I mean they have no guns and everything wants to kill you, might as well be one! :lol:

America just keeps going down the drain more and more everyday and people like you are more than willing to help.
Pretty sure America is going downhill because our politicians keep finding new ways to relieve us of our "burdensome" rights.

Perhaps you should be a bit more concerned that our only real choices for President are different sides of the same craptastic coin.

I don't know about you, but the fact our government keeps destroying our rights and selling our economy to the highest bidders, has me far more concerned about our nation and economy than any amount of illegal immigrants ever could. But I guess I'm wrong, it's not Washington ******* away money and shredding the constitution. It's the dirty, no good godless heathens from the south. Totally. :rolleyes:

Freedom1Man

Article 1
Section 8
The Congress shall have Power
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject
of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Sorry he has no authority to do what he is doing and is thus an enemy of the Constitution of the United States of America.

beebobby

If they are working legally, they will be paying taxes. At least these folks will be documented and we might start to get an idea of how many are in the country.

Ca Patriot

Article 1
Section 8
The Congress shall have Power
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject
of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Sorry he has no authority to do what he is doing and is thus an enemy of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Here in Los Angeles all of the media coverage has been gushing support and praise for Obama. Not a single mention that he completely violated the constitution in what he is doing.

Even worse, I dont think Romney or Ryan has mentioned it either.

nonameisgood

There is nothing unconstitutional about the executive branch determining how to handle visitation by foreigners. It is, in fact, their job to do this. If congress wishes to enjoin them from an activity, it may do so.

There are good reasons to think that allowing good students and good workers to remain will benefit us, but I doubt we will be in better or worse condition once this is done.

Ca Patriot

there is nothing unconstitutional about the executive branch determining how to handle visitation by foreigners. It is, in fact, their job to do this. If congress wishes to enjoin them from an activity, it may do so.

There are good reasons to think that allowing good students and good workers to remain will benefit us, but i doubt we will be in better or worse condition once this is done.

fail

nonameisgood

"fail" is not really explanatory. Please show us where the new policy violates the law or the Constitution.

I agree that it may prove to be folly, but a bad decision isn't always illegal. Thank goodness there is still room for variation and difference of opinion within the law.

Ca Patriot

Its already been pointed out in this thread that congress sets immigration policy in America.

nonameisgood

Congress makes laws. Policy is at the discretion of the Executive. If Congress were to make a law which addressed a specific policy area, the Executive would be obliged to follow it.

We have a law which essentially mandates an impossible task, namely deporting every illegal alien. it would be similar to mandating NOAA to forecast weather accurately, record, and report climate data for every US city, town, hamlet, and burg. It is perfectly acceptable to prioritize the use of resources, unless you want to pay more taxes to give them unlimited resources to pursue, arrest, and deport every illegal alien.

The Executive has chosen to prioritize deportation. The new policy delays the deportion of otherwise law-abiding people who were not of an age to make an independent decision about illegally entering the country when their relatives brought them. Quite technically, they did not break a law by entering (being too young to know or decide to break said law), and it is unreasonable to expect them to voluntarily leave the only country they know, especially when they are still minors.