• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House immigration policy for younger illegals

Ca Patriot

I didnt know the executive branch gets to decide who is allowed to break the law and who isnt.

But hey, if it brings more voters for gun grabbers then i'm all for it.

If it adds more people to the tax payer welfare rolls i'm all for it.

If it adds more people to the medicare debacle then i'm all for it.

If we can add a few more people to our prisons then im all for it,

Obama !!! Obama !!! La Raza !!! La Raza !!!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
It'd be wrong to deport people to countries they know nothing about all because their parents illegally dragged them across some stupid, imaginary line in the sand that has been used to control, not only outsiders, but those in the country as well.

That "stupid, imaginary line in the sand" is our border, sir. All nations have them whether they be natural or man made. Would it be your preference to go with the Nations Without Borders concept? If so, say good-bye to America forever.

nonameisgood

Did you even pay attention? The new program does not give illegal alien children anything except the chance to avoid being deported to somewhere they don't know anything about. It doesnt give amnesty nor voting rights, nor access to healthcare (aside from life saving care anyone can get under current policies). It is a compromise.

And the Executive always has the authority to prioritize enforcement. For instance, OSHA was established to stop occupational injuries from recognized hazards in workplaces. Yet, people are still injured and killed from recognized workplace hazards every day. OSHA simply can't enforce every rule (rules they promulgated to meet the requirements of Congressional legislation but which are not themselves legislated) at all times in every workplace. OSHA picks where they will enforce with fines and where they will work with employers toward compliance while not fining for every violation of rules. This is the same thing.

Jack House

That "stupid, imaginary line in the sand" is our border, sir. All nations have them whether they be natural or man made. Would it be your preference to go with the Nations Without Borders concept? If so, say good-bye to America forever.
Borders are great when it comes to international/interstate relations. But as far as people are concerned, they are more often used as a weapon by tyrants than shield against evil.

Ca Patriot

Borders are great when it comes to international/interstate relations. But as far as people are concerned, they are more often used as a weapon by tyrants than shield against evil.

You should go live in Juarez for awhile.

Jack House

You should go live in Juarez for awhile.
Right, because our borders are really stopping those gangs/cartels from entering? Last I checked, the border did crapall to stop it and they've even been given special little hall passes by the government. :rolleyes:

So tell me again, CA, what has that little precious, imaginary line done for you, other than restrict your movement in and out of the country as well as given your government an excuse to track your everymove. I'm waiting~

Jack House

What is this "****" you refer to? Drugs? They're a billion dollar enterprise, I don't see any sign of that slowing on account of the border.

Crime? Crime originates from inside the borders moreso than outside. Who do you think sells all them drugs? It sure ain't illegals, they're too busy picking cotton.

So what, exactly, is being slowed by the borders? Besides our travels and what we can and can not buy legally?

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Well, the southern border control does actually work to slow the flow of violence and drugs. Yes, there are problems, and the violence in Mexico is entirely the result of drug use in the US, but if we are going to have laws prohibiting opiates, cocaine, and weed, we have to try to enforce them.

My wife lives about 60 miles from a rural border, and while it leaks over, it's not just North Mexico out there.

Jack House

Ironically, your statement just kinda goes hand in hand with what I said earlier. That borders are used to control the citizenry more than anything else, specifically what the citizens can and can not purchase/use.

Legalizing recreational drug use would do a lot more to curtail the flow of violence/crime into America.

nonameisgood

I'm not sure I agree, but I'm certain what we have been doing is promoting the violence, so let's try that. Only if we have control of the production, distribution, and marketing will it stop. What I see is that a legalization will cause prices to peak, because a sin tax will be implemented. there will still be an illicit market.