• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Birmingham considers gun ban? Will they every learn?

Phil McCracken

Care to take the lead on that? I have a CC and OC or CC depending on the circumstances.

Give him a break, He's just jealous that he can't CC after getting railroaded into accepting a misdemeanor plea vs fighting a felony charge --------------------------------------------

He doesn't realize that historically the legislature has held that criminals conceal their guns, Therefore the legislature has regulated the concealed carry of guns. The CPL thus provides the law abiding citizen the means by which to carry a concealed pistol. Criminals, like stainless1911, are prohibited from doing so. And sanctions are imposed upon them when they are caught doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil McCracken

I don't CC and wouldn't if I could. Truthfully, I can't claim to have taken the lead as I wasn't first by a long shot, but I have a few converts under my belt.

We know differently. You CC'd at least once that we are aware of. In a PFZ no less. Isn't that why your CPL was suspended the first time?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Yet another good thread that will go under due to well....need I say more? Stainless please start a thread. I am sure the mods will make it a sticky for you. This way all the drama junkies can get their fix in one spot. Continue the crap slinging ...it helps everyone that is out to steal our freedom..:rolleyes:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I dont want my own thread. I will stand my ground however./

Right, but you miss the big picture, it would keep good threads from getting trashed. Thus benefitting the entire community here and not just you. Not picking on you, you are who you are, but some here will never stop urinating your way and then you respond in kind, and the next thing you know we are all drowning in it...EEW!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Unless it actually requires you to stand your ground. You say you didn't commit the crime, but you caved to a plea. Not much ground standing there.:shocker:

You would have done the same. Someday, you probably will.

And my point is proven... carry on as I know you will. Why can't you guys fight in PM's? Just saying...:rolleyes:

Hevymetal

<trying desperately to steer the discussion back on topic> What city events are in the works that would benefit from an OC presence? How about an OC meeting at the library?

MI_XD

And if they try to stop you from Carrying at the Library, then they would be in violation of their OWN rules.
See that Baldwin PDF, 8A: section "g."

g. Committing or attempting to commit an activity in violation of federal, state, or local law, ordinance or regulation is prohibited.

Last edited:

WilDChilD

Fing nice my post gets deleted even though there was a real question in it.

To the mod that deleted my post:
Thank you

Sorry please return to you regular program.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

Actually what it appears that they are trying to do is get legislation passed to add libraries to the PFZ list, because they are scared by open carry. But they don't realize, and maybe I shouldn't say this, but if they do that then they are guaranteed to see only OC.

Yes, agreed but still the tax payers are flipping a bill that is nearly certain to fall flat on deff ears, just sayin.:eek:

G22

Channel 4 WDIV just had a news story that Birmingham is considering banning guns in their city hall, library, parks and wherever else they think they can get away with. This in response to the rash of open carriers they have been experiencing lately. Showing a backdrop to the commentary of Sean and some other OCers.

Hmmm.....Anyone else see this?

Maybe they never learned of preemption?

More of the "Not in our city" mentality?

Discuss.

Here is the story:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...an/-/1719418/16142714/-/10ejpsuz/-/index.html

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Bingo Pat.... I mean "Phil McCracken", the sky is not falling!

"The Birmingham city commission is asking its city manager to talk with other communities about possibly seeking change in Michigan's Open Carry gun law."

They aren't "banning guns". They WANT to change the law so that they could pass a gun ban. It definately is worth watching, but it is nothing more than a few other places have also done... to no avail. It's an election year. The legislature hasn't passed any "pro-gun" legislation, but I don't think they are stupid enough to get rid of preemption.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
True. I just hope they dont only get rid of registration, and say, "Welp, we did something, yay for us" and that be the end of it.

You know they will. Pretty lame for having a Republican Majority and Governor. My daughter says that I always tell her "Watch what people actually do, as opposed to what they say they have done"... but it has served me well in deciding what to believe...