Thread: Village of Beverly Hills: Tweedledee to Birmingham's Tweedledum

Village of Beverly Hills: Tweedledee to Birmingham's Tweedledum

Village of Beverly Hills (VBH) June 19th council minutes:
    "It is the consensus of the Baldwin Library Board to request that the Michigan Legislature add libraries to the (PFZ) exemptions. (VBH President Pro-Tem) Briggs asked (VBH) Council to consider drafting a letter to the Legislature in support of the Library Board’s position. This will be an agenda item for the next Council meeting."
    http://www.villagebeverlyhills.com/m...2012-06-19.pdf

Council meeting minutes since then, and the agenda for the Aug 7th meeting (still on their website as an apparent future meeting), do not mention this topic.

The date mentioned on their website for the next council meeting is Aug 7th. Obviously, they need to fire their web-page administrator. Apparently from past Council minutes, meetings are held the first and third Tuesday of each month.

Probable next council meeting, if you want your voice heard: August 21st, 2012.
    Last edited by DanM; 08-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Banned
    I heard that use of libraries was a protected right under the MI constitution. Does anyone have the cite? It could come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I heard that use of libraries was a protected right under the MI constitution. Does anyone have the cite? It could come in handy.
    For someone barking about rights, you don't read the State Constitution, do you?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    can't read, don't know how...

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    can't read, don't know how...
    Probably no need to use the library then. Unless....do you shave and shower there?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Only in warm weather, at night when the lawn sprinklers start.

Banned
    Bookmarked years ago, but thank you. It is a valuable resource that I use frequently.