Thread: Question on wording of RSMO 21.750

Question on wording of RSMO 21.750

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

Does this mean that the municipalities that restrict open carry or conceal carry are in direct violation of MO law? I keep on rereading this and come up with the same answer of yes. If I am reading this wrong, please help me see where I'm going astray. I know that most are not lawyers but would like sane, like minded people to reply before going and spending money on a lawyer.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

Read paragraph 3 very carefully. That is where the legislature gave the municipalities the authority to regulate OC contrary to the MO Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Read paragraph 3 very carefully. That is where the legislature gave the municipalities the authority to regulate OC contrary to the MO Constitution.
    It became effective in 1985. The State of Missouri preempts everything about firearms except open carry RSMO 21.750.3
    Discharge of a firearm within a municipality and sales tax of firearms and ammunition.

All we need to do is preempt 21.750.3 and the muni's can find a nother hobby!

Maybe next year? We'll see........
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by NG19 View Post
    http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

Does this mean that the municipalities that restrict open carry or conceal carry are in direct violation of MO law? I keep on rereading this and come up with the same answer of yes. If I am reading this wrong, please help me see where I'm going astray. I know that most are not lawyers but would like sane, like minded people to reply before going and spending money on a lawyer.
    Not CC, only OC. Only the state can restrict CC. Most towns don't restrict OC cuz they ain't had any problems and they have cops who know the law.

It seems that the closer to "big cities" you get the less knowledgeable it seems the cops get. By and large the vast majority of cops in MO know the law. Virtually every one of them recommends that we CC to "save the children".

Out in the sticks where I live cops don't care one way or the other as long as you ain't displaying any nitwit behaviors.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Re: Question on wording of RSMO 21.750

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    For some reason I kept on skipping over that paragraph. Weird. Oh well, got my hopes up for nothing.
    Last edited by NG19; 08-16-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Re: Question on wording of RSMO 21.750

All we need to do is preempt 21.750.3 and the muni's can find a nother hobby!

Maybe next year? We'll see........[/QUOTE]

Guess we will have to try harder. Now that I know, ill have to start my emails sooner this year.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

Out in the sticks where I live cops don't care one way or the other as long as you ain't displaying any nitwit behaviors.
    Again you have posted a "no shirt sherlock" statement, As long as anyone is doing their own thing and bot bothering any other person, they need to be left completely alone by the government.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Again you have posted a "no shirt sherlock" statement, As long as anyone is doing their own thing and bot bothering any other person, they need to be left completely alone by the government.

Someone is grumpy.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Someone is grumpy.
    Weary is a better way to put it, weary of governmental interference in areas the system by design was to prevent.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."