• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on wording of RSMO 21.750

NG19

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

Does this mean that the municipalities that restrict open carry or conceal carry are in direct violation of MO law? I keep on rereading this and come up with the same answer of yes. If I am reading this wrong, please help me see where I'm going astray. I know that most are not lawyers but would like sane, like minded people to reply before going and spending money on a lawyer.

Read paragraph 3 very carefully. That is where the legislature gave the municipalities the authority to regulate OC contrary to the MO Constitution.

mspgunner

Read paragraph 3 very carefully. That is where the legislature gave the municipalities the authority to regulate OC contrary to the MO Constitution.

It became effective in 1985. The State of Missouri preempts everything about firearms except open carry RSMO 21.750.3
Discharge of a firearm within a municipality and sales tax of firearms and ammunition.

All we need to do is preempt 21.750.3 and the muni's can find a nother hobby!

Maybe next year? We'll see........

OC for ME

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c000-099/0210000750.htm

Does this mean that the municipalities that restrict open carry or conceal carry are in direct violation of MO law? I keep on rereading this and come up with the same answer of yes. If I am reading this wrong, please help me see where I'm going astray. I know that most are not lawyers but would like sane, like minded people to reply before going and spending money on a lawyer.
Not CC, only OC. Only the state can restrict CC. Most towns don't restrict OC cuz they ain't had any problems and they have cops who know the law.

It seems that the closer to "big cities" you get the less knowledgeable it seems the cops get. By and large the vast majority of cops in MO know the law. Virtually every one of them recommends that we CC to "save the children".

Out in the sticks where I live cops don't care one way or the other as long as you ain't displaying any nitwit behaviors.

NG19

For some reason I kept on skipping over that paragraph. Weird. Oh well, got my hopes up for nothing.

Last edited:

NG19

All we need to do is preempt 21.750.3 and the muni's can find a nother hobby!

Maybe next year? We'll see........[/QUOTE]

Guess we will have to try harder. Now that I know, ill have to start my emails sooner this year.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Out in the sticks where I live cops don't care one way or the other as long as you ain't displaying any nitwit behaviors.

Again you have posted a "no shirt sherlock" statement, As long as anyone is doing their own thing and bot bothering any other person, they need to be left completely alone by the government.

ChiangShih

Again you have posted a "no shirt sherlock" statement, As long as anyone is doing their own thing and bot bothering any other person, they need to be left completely alone by the government.

Someone is grumpy.