• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you carry 24/7

Shoobee

Just wondering how often people carry. Do you carry 24/7, meaning every waking moment, around the house, in your yard, etc. Or only when you leave your property?

I ask thinking of a home invasion. Wouldn't you want your gun at your side, and not locked in a safe at the other end of the house?

Not just every waking moment, but also every sleeping moment the 45ACP is under the pillow, and the doors are duly barricated, and the windows are dowelled shut.

Leave your gun on your nightstand and it immediately belongs to a burglar.

Lock it inside a safe and the home invasion gang owns them, and will force you to open it for them before you can open it yourself.

It is also a very good idea to have a temperamental chihuahua who can alert you to someone's presence outside whom you otherwise could not hear. These little dogs are the best guard dogs on this Earth.

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

Not just every waking moment, but also every sleeping moment the 45ACP is under the pillow, and the doors are duly barricated, and the windows are dowelled shut.

Leave your gun on your nightstand and it immediately belongs to a burglar.

Lock it inside a safe and the home invasion gang owns them, and will force you to open it for them before you can open it yourself.

It is also a very good idea to have a temperamental chihuahua who can alert you to someone's presence outside whom you otherwise could not hear. These little dogs are the best guard dogs on this Earth.

my skittish hound dog would like to have a word with you about that.

j4l

my skittish hound dog would like to have a word with you about that.

Actually, I think my Bella and Nathan may want to chime in on both of you.. :)

b5006.jpg

b5001.jpg

nat20004.jpg

I also have another, rather unique, "alarm/early-warning" system as well. Peacocks. Over 50 of them as of the lastest batch of chics that have hatched..

DSCN0327.jpg

They make quiet a racket when/if someone not from around here approaches. You cant get within an 1/4th of a mile without them letting me know you are on the way..

As to the carry- Everywhere legal to do so (and CC where not always "legal" to do so), and at all other times OC 24/7.
Since I am at home 95+% of the time, the 845 is always open on the hip/shoulder rigs (attire-dependant) and the 870 is always within 1 or 2 steps or arms-length.

Last edited:

HighFlyingA380

To the OP, yes/no. It may not always be physically be on me in my house or apartment, but one firearm is always within reach. Whether it be on the coffee table by my recliner, no the bathroom shelf while sh!tting and showering, or the AR leaning against my bed. The only time I disarm and don't have one within reach is when going on campus.

It is on my hip or in my waistband. In the shower or in bed it is within arms reach. I have CC'ed in "Gun Free" areas, I know it is wrong but have come to the conclusion that I would rather risk a misdemeanor than the safety of myself and my family.

Before I am criticized for carrying in no weapons areas, I also, speed, roll thru stop signs, ect.
I'm with you on this. Luckily, in MO, carrying on property marked as a GFZ is not considered criminal, and you will only be asked to leave and disarm. If you refuse to leave, then they can bust you on trespassing, but not weapons charges.

“One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.” -Martin Luther King

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yes, I carry 24/7. At the end of my day I take off whatever I am carrying, place it in the safe, and pull whatever firearm I will be sleeping with out. I never go without my firearm either on my person, or within 1 or 2 feet.

wolfgangmob

I generally have my glock nearby by either open carry, somehow in my car, near my bed but I can't have it on campus, even concealed would get my in trouble if someone found out but if they are finding out chances are I can make a point of the campus security being insufficient, the problem is so much the law but the possible campus consequences could lead to expulsion from the university.