• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email to Royal Theaters in Idaho Falls

bowb

Email conversation with Royal Theaters in Idaho Falls when asked about open carry at their theaters (Paramount Triplex and Centre Twin). I did try to follow up to get some clarification but after two weeks of no reply from my follow up I am posting the initial reply:

I would like to know what the Royal Theaters policy is on the lawful
carry of firearms while on Royal Theaters property. I carry a firearm
daily and openly for my right of self defense of myself and my family.
If theater policy is to prohibit the right of self defense then I
will not be visiting Royal Theaters any time soon, and I will notify
all friends and family that Royal Theaters does not honor the right of
self defense.

Aug 3 (12 days ago)

to me
As long as you have a consealed weapons permit it's your constitution to carry a firearm. we would hope that you would support us as a locally owned and affordable theater for your family.

So Royal Theaters in Idaho Falls is mostly good to go. So I went OC and had no issues. It might have been that there were only about 12 movie goers that night and no one noticed. Snow White and the Huntsman in my opinion was terrible.

Last edited:

Gizmoe142

Ive Done that

I have OCed there several times. No problems. even went there on a very busy night and didnt even have any body ask me about it. Glad to see you got confirmation from the theater owner. Thanks

-Kevin

DocWalker

As long as you have a consealed weapons permit it's your constitution to carry a firearm.

Ummm, You don't have to have a consealed weapons permit to carry open in the state of Idaho and it doesn't say anything in the Constitution that you have to have a permit.

This theater manager is a little confused.

Mikey Idaho

Anyone know about Edwards Theater in Idaho Falls policy on CC and OC? Just got my permit a few months ago and now have my Beretta Nano and AIWB Crossbreed so I'm ready to start daily carrying.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

carracer

Anyone know about Edwards Theater in Idaho Falls policy on CC and OC? Just got my permit a few months ago and now have my Beretta Nano and AIWB Crossbreed so I'm ready to start daily carrying.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

All Edwards Theaters are posted. Just have to look for the list of their rules and you will see a small red no guns circle/slash.