• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC Breakfast or Lunch in Lafayette

GONZO!!!

Hi team...

I am in the process of working through the logistics of scheduling an OC/CC Saturday morning breakfast/brunch in Lafayette sometime within the next 3 weeks.

We are looking for some suggestions on where to meet.

Some suggestions made so far from some interested parties are:

1) A Mexican restaurant
2) Lafayette Brewing Company
3) Golden Corral

here are some thoughts:

1) might not find a mexican restaurant open early enough for the meeting

2) LBC would be nice. From what I hear they are OC friendly...HOWEVER...if some OCers are considering drinking alccohol, THAT would be an issue.

3) Golden Corral offers a lot of choices of buffet food for the money IF they will be accepting of hosting an OC breakfast/brunch.

Once we narrow down the locations to 2-3, I will work on OC approval from the owner/manager and then post the date/time

the vast majority requested Saturday morning as oppossed to a weekday lunch or Sat afternoon lunch (due to family schedules and/or Sat football games)

I know that the date/time is not set yet, but if you have an interest, please post here and also make a suggestion as to where you might want to hold a meeting. I will continue to update this thread as we move forward.

Thank you for all of your time and efforts...

GONZO!!!

hogeaterf6

I could be in with the wife. I'm 2 hrs or a tad more from there. I have a state ride in Jasper in mid sept tho. And depends when your date fall I may have to work.

Glockcarrier

Hi team...

I am in the process of working through the logistics of scheduling an OC/CC Saturday morning breakfast/brunch in Lafayette sometime within the next 3 weeks.

We are looking for some suggestions on where to meet.

Some suggestions made so far from some interested parties are:

1) A Mexican restaurant
2) Lafayette Brewing Company
3) Golden Corral

here are some thoughts:

1) might not find a mexican restaurant open early enough for the meeting

2) LBC would be nice. From what I hear they are OC friendly...HOWEVER...if some OCers are considering drinking alccohol, THAT would be an issue.

3) Golden Corral offers a lot of choices of buffet food for the money IF they will be accepting of hosting an OC breakfast/brunch.

Once we narrow down the locations to 2-3, I will work on OC approval from the owner/manager and then post the date/time

the vast majority requested Saturday morning as oppossed to a weekday lunch or Sat afternoon lunch (due to family schedules and/or Sat football games)

I know that the date/time is not set yet, but if you have an interest, please post here and also make a suggestion as to where you might want to hold a meeting. I will continue to update this thread as we move forward.

Thank you for all of your time and efforts...

GONZO!!!

Did you all ever have your meeting here in Lafayette? Reason I ask is because I live in Lafayette and am curious where you went and were you welcomed or shunned? Golden Corral? Huge selection, but I could make you sick if I told you what I have seen in that place. I swore it off and will NEVER return. Mex restaurants? yes, but i don't think any open before 11:00AM and doubtful they would be open minded to a group OCing. Brew Pub? Last i knew they did not open too early. If they are receptive of OCing, If the LPD Chief caught wind of it, I bet he would sent out the cavalry on his own volition. Big anti-gunner he is...

One good place (imo) assuming they are open-carry friendly, would be either Bob Evans or Denny's as they are side by side on ST. Rd. 26 East a few hundred yards from I-65 which would make it convenient for some of the travelors.

But the brew pub is just a couple blocks from the LPD station. And even though you would be in the right, the Chief may play by his rules. And Tippecanoe County jail is no place you want to be. I know one of the bailiffs very well and I have heard some serious info on that place.

Assuming this meeting has not come to fruition yet and anyone needs info about Lafayette, let me know. I have been here over 45 years. I know what food is decent and which is top notch and I know which gun shops has the best products, ammo and prices. Plus most anything about Lafayette. Heck, we have three gun shops on Earl Avenue all within two blocks. But we have many more throughout scattered about town.