• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poor, poor Doug.....

The Big Guy

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Yeah, I know. Anything I can do to help?

There is going to be a need for boots on the ground to gather signatures for a possible ballot initiative or a petition to the County Commission or both.

Write a letter to your Commissioner and or city Council member and ask why they spend so much on a program that has shown no benefit to the citizens of this county when Metro is spending half a billion a year and is 68 million in the hole. Go into the article and use the Sheriff’s words against him.

Write a letter to the editor of the RJ asking why the Sheriff uses all these funds on a failed program. Again, use his words against him. His mouth was his worst enemy in this article and our biggest asset.

Call in to local talk radio and ask the questions. Lay it out and use the Sheriff’s words against him.

It’s time to attack on any and all levels. Surround’em an make’em squeal. At the moment our advantage is that it is all about the Bengamins…

TBG

Last edited:

jdholmes

"In recent weeks Gillespie has continued his agency's staffing cutbacks by ordering a hiring freeze and canceling two scheduled police academies, leaving 104 police officer positions and about 70 civilian positions vacant..."

Since when are cops not civilians? Oy, the lack of education...it astounds.

Lostlittlerobot

It sadens me to see cop cutbacks. I don't think inherantly that all cops are bad. I'd love to see 1 cop per corner. Our money worries suck. I've only looked up a handful of police I know, and reported by others on here. But 200$ grand a year? overtime/other expenses...we dont need to cut cops...just cut these over 100k cops!.

Metro hires at around what - 60k a year? save 140k a year by stopping this ****.

2700 officers?! Ok we all here seem to be annoyed/against the DUI stops. Those types of overtime...shut it down!

put those officers on patrol. put em on even 45/week shifts. We'll all be better served, we'll all save money.

grr why am i saying this and not some sherriff or politician....

and

yes

get gone registration - put those employee's on other fiscal tasks....save LOTS there.

other places in NV dont have it - do they really suffer? - never heard that complaint. Only ever heard from METRO peeps that registration has never helped a single investigation (from a former sheriff runner).
I myself had a burglary - nothing came of it - registration hasn't helped me

so just saying my thoughts
robot...

The Big Guy

From the estimates I've heard, the cost to the Sheriff's Department for this failed program is about 2 million a year. A pretty piece of change.

TBG