• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

quad rail

hammer6

does anyone know of a good place i can check out online that teaches me how to install a quad rail? i've recently purchased the DPMS sportical .223, and i'd like to install one.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

georg jetson

There are many different types of quad rails. Do you want a one piece free-float? Those are the most difficult to install. UTG offers a 2 piece rail that doesn't require you to remove the front site. I installed one on a Beowulf upper and find that it retains zero just as well as a one piece free float. It's a bit heavy though.

You're gonna have to assess why you want the rail and then decide what will be the best solution.