• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No park carry in High Point

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
HPPD is the only agency I've ever had a confrontation with. The 2 officers they sent out to deal with me were ill-informed as to the finer points of the "Going Armed to the Terror of the Public" statute that they threatened me with. Also, they threatened to revoke my CHP for not informing them that I possessed it right off the bat, regardless of the fact that 1) I was not carrying a concealed handgun and 2) the initial contact with them was in the form of them asking me a direct question, which I then answered. After answering them & then lawfully disclosing my possession of the permit, they got uppity about how I didn't tell them that initially - seemed like entrapment style tactics to me.

I'm extra careful in High Point now ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

moonie

I've not had a problem in High Point as of yet, but then I've only been carrying for about a year and a half. Lots of cops have seen it, just hasn't been an issue.