• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CU Bldr. Gun segregating

mahkagari

That's a bigger comedy of errors than a Three's Company episode.

Someone help me, what is the current status of CU campus carry?

Dilligad316

Per the State they can conceal carry on Campus with a CC permit. That is the reason they are doing the segregated housing but I am sure it will go to court and see if they can legally segregate.

Saxxon

Problem is they are never old enough to be immune to a madman's bullets. This is another attempt to thwart the intent of having armed defenders on hand if violence comes to a place. Aurora taught these "educators" nothing.

Their rules sound to me like they are trying to violate the court order as much as possible, firings are in order, or perhaps contempt of court.

JamesB

If I have to disclose my CCW status, how is it still Concealed? What happened to being secure in person and papers against unreasonable searches? Now I am forced to volunteer this information?

Papers Please?!

Deserteagle8338

If I have to disclose my CCW status, how is it still Concealed? What happened to being secure in person and papers against unreasonable searches? Now I am forced to volunteer this information?

Papers Please?!

Unfortunately, if you decide to go to a school, you subject yourself to their rules.

Also, disclosing it to the university (whether we agree with it or not), may be better than getting reported when your roommate discovers your gun and tries to charge you with menacing when they see it, get scared, run out of the room and call 911

Last edited:

Deserteagle8338

Problem is they are never old enough to be immune to a madman's bullets. This is another attempt to thwart the intent of having armed defenders on hand if violence comes to a place. Aurora taught these "educators" nothing.

Their rules sound to me like they are trying to violate the court order as much as possible, firings are in order, or perhaps contempt of court.

I think you are confusing 2 different issues here.

The university didn't set the law saying you must be 21 to purchase a handgun and get a concealed carry permit for it. The fact that most freshman are not old enough to buy and carry a handgun concealed has nothing to do with the university

Last edited:

mahkagari

TMK, these people are not "hired" to be "fired". They are elected on the state ballot. That's the problem. Since they are popularly elected by the state and established in the state constitution (they were actually founded five months before CO was granted statehood), they believe they have as much or more power than the CO general assembly over their campuses. In some ways, they do. That is why the superme court is involved.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
After reading all the news rags the last 24 hours, one other thing concerns me. (among others)
How can CU ban carrying at stadium events, when the courts have already told them they can't restrict carry on campus?
One other thing: If a student has already signed his/her 'agreement' for student housing, and it doesn't say anything about firearms, and then
CU tries to amend it after the fact is that legal? (I know it's a stretch, because they probably already have the wording in there)
C.R.S. is pretty clear when it states 'all areas'.

I hope that the MSLF sues the crap out of them again.