Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxwhat running for sheriff !

Taxwhat running for sheriff !

Taxwhat also known as Mr Jan Jay is running for sheriff, over in the romulus/ detroit side of the state....
    Hey and he is PROGUN go figure ha ha !!!!!!

look it up i can't load the article sorry :-(

I know his name is Jan Jay i have habit of calling him Mr Jay Jay SORRY ! hehe !
    Last edited by mastiff69; 08-19-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: wording

This is the only article I could find.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...e-jay-sheriff/

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    Taxwhat also known as Jay Jay is running for sheriff, over in the romulus/ detroit side of the state....
    Hey and he is PROGUN go figure ha ha !!!!!!

look it up i can't load the article sorry :-(
    he's jan jay, not jay jay
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    he's jan jay, not jay jay
    He does have LE background, though.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 08-16-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Re: Taxwhat running for sheriff !

Let us hope Jan mops the floor with him. Calling all Monroe Co area OCers to throw your support behind Mr.Jay. He is about as pro-gun / liberty as they come!

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    Is he pro OC too?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Is he pro OC too?
    Very much so. He has worked with MOC in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    He does have LE background, though.
    ok... i was correcting the name the OP gave

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Very much so. He has worked with MOC in the past.
    he was the media spokesperson or something, wasn't he?
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 08-16-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Is he pro OC too?
    YES. He is also one of the nicest people you'd care to meet. I have huge respect fir the guy. He does enjoy the role of gadfly to local authorities and advocated for OC when it was almost unheard of in Michigan.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

he's up against tough competition in Dale Malone. luckily Monroe is a pretty pro-2A county, and we don't have many issues here, but hopefully Mr. Jay can put together a good campaign to compete with Malone.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

YES. He is also one of the nicest people you'd care to meet. I have huge respect fir the guy. He does enjoy the role of gadfly to local authorities and advocated for OC when it was almost unheard of in Michigan.
    I have to agree, and I only met him once. Very easy to talk to and he never said one single thing that I disagreed with. We talked for quite a while about taxes and firearms at the Warren OC bike ride event.

Why cant he run in Macomb County

Taxwhat running for sheriff !

Wasn't he in the news for shooting a neighbors dog once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes and it was a good shoot, so why bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Yes and it was a good shoot, so why bring it up?
    The dog was threatening his life?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    The dog was threatening his life?
    According to the investigation, yes. And, they attacked his livestock; according to MI law he was justified. So, why vilify him for something he did that was legal?

He definately has made some enemies in his area. Not for being wrong, rather for exposing the questionable behavior of local officials. Like I said, he has personally earned my respect for his unwavering support for individuals here and the integral role he played in the early days of OC in Michigan. I wish him well.

Yes. Good shoot. Perfect example of the need to be armed at all times. Your point?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Damn, so much for being able to ask a question without getting your a$$ ripped in half. I only heard about it, but could never find any article with details. Next time I have a question I will ask the DNC, might be less hostile.

Sorry I don't blindly follow the Republican vote, seeing how useful a state .gov controlled by them has been to gun rights here in MI. After all, we have to have a rally to get stuff voted on by the same Republican controlled Senate right?
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 08-20-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

Damn, so much for being able to ask a question without getting your a$$ ripped in half. I only heard about it, but could never find any article with details. Next time I have a question I will ask the DNC, might be less hostile.

Sorry I don't blindly follow the Republican vote, seeing how useful a state .gov controlled by them has been to gun rights here in MI. After all, we have to have a rally to get stuff voted on by the same Republican controlled Senate right?
    I am about as far from Republican as any person here, so my intent was not to have you think that his running as a Republican somehow makes him worthy. I'd support him no matter what political affiliation he chose to align with.

Yep, some of us here hold him in high esteem, and our respect for him may be interpreted as something other than respect that was earned. Speaking for myself, I think he was instrumental in getting OC where it is today. Such things we do so well today such as FOIAs, getting the press in involved, and attendance at governmental meetings were things that he had a direct role in developing. Although I think that it took more than one person and there were many involved, his assistance was instrumental. Yes, he had a penchant for being a PITA for those public officials who thought themselves above the law and, in exposing the "Emporers who wore no clothes" he ruffled many locals' feathers. The criticism he received in the press from community members was viciously personal at times, but he dealt with it despite personal hardships the likes of which I hope to never experience.

If I could, I'd vote for him for two reasons: He'd follow the law as opposed to local opinion and he was always brutally honest. Even though there were times I disagreed with him, he never let the disagreement color his interaction with me. In any public office, who better than one who, from my experience, puts personal issues aside and follows what the law demands.

I am about as far from Republican as any person here, so my intent was not to have you think that his running as a Republican somehow makes him worthy. I'd support him no matter what political affiliation he chose to align with.

Yep, some of us here hold him in high esteem, and our respect for him may be interpreted as something other than respect that was earned. Speaking for myself, I think he was instrumental in getting OC where it is today. Such things we do so well today such as FOIAs, getting the press in involved, and attendance at governmental meetings were things that he had a direct role in developing. Although I think that it took more than one person and there were many involved, his assistance was instrumental. Yes, he had a penchant for being a PITA for those public officials who thought themselves above the law and, in exposing the "Emporers who wore no clothes" he ruffled many locals' feathers. The criticism he received in the press from community members was viciously personal at times, but he dealt with it despite personal hardships the likes of which I hope to never experience.

If I could, I'd vote for him for two reasons: He'd follow the law as opposed to local opinion and he was always brutally honest. Even though there were times I disagreed with him, he never let the disagreement color his interaction with me. In any public office, who better than one who, from my experience, puts personal issues aside and follows what the law demands.
    Well as I stated, I was asking a question, not making an accusation. I see no reason for the responses I received. A simple explanation of the situation would have been sufficient. I never "vilified" him. I am neither R or D, I vote on the person, not the party. First, I was unsure if this is the same guy I had heard about, second, I have heard the negative opinions with no details (go figure) and was seeking opinions and information from those that seemed supportive of him.

Guess I will slither back into my pay grade now that I have been properly put in my place.
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 08-21-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Banned
    Relax a little EZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden
    Damn, so much for being able to ask a question . . . Sorry I don't blindly follow the Republican vote . . .
    The only question from you was "didn't he shoot a dog?". We answered, "Yes, it was a good shoot." Why are you so testy about a short answer to your short question?

I'm libertarian, and many here are also not Republican strictly speaking. Not wise to connect our straightforward answers to any one party. Want to try again?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Well as I stated, I was asking a question, not making an accusation.
    Who said you were making an accusation? You seem to be acting a bit paranoid.

Until people start to realize that there are many Republicans who only support the 2nd Amendment when it serves them in getting votes from gun owners who are too lazy to actually consider voting for anyone who isn't a Republican, nothing will change. I have said it before and I'll say it again because it is true. Governor Granholm, when she was Michigan's AG, did more for the right to carry than just about anyone in this state... this despite being personally opposed to CC, at least in the beginning. Look at her opinions as AG, she followed the law. Yep, she made some poor policy as Governor in other areas, but as AG, I think she was second to none when it came to expanding our rights as gun owners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast