• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taxwhat running for sheriff !

mastiff69

Taxwhat also known as Mr Jan Jay is running for sheriff, over in the romulus/ detroit side of the state....
Hey and he is PROGUN go figure ha ha !!!!!!

look it up i can't load the article sorry :-(

I know his name is Jan Jay i have habit of calling him Mr Jay Jay SORRY ! hehe !

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Let us hope Jan mops the floor with him. Calling all Monroe Co area OCers to throw your support behind Mr.Jay. He is about as pro-gun / liberty as they come!

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

detroit_fan

he's up against tough competition in Dale Malone. luckily Monroe is a pretty pro-2A county, and we don't have many issues here, but hopefully Mr. Jay can put together a good campaign to compete with Malone.

G22

YES. He is also one of the nicest people you'd care to meet. I have huge respect fir the guy. He does enjoy the role of gadfly to local authorities and advocated for OC when it was almost unheard of in Michigan.

I have to agree, and I only met him once. Very easy to talk to and he never said one single thing that I disagreed with. We talked for quite a while about taxes and firearms at the Warren OC bike ride event.

Why cant he run in Macomb County :lol:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
The dog was threatening his life?

According to the investigation, yes. And, they attacked his livestock; according to MI law he was justified. So, why vilify him for something he did that was legal?

He definately has made some enemies in his area. Not for being wrong, rather for exposing the questionable behavior of local officials. Like I said, he has personally earned my respect for his unwavering support for individuals here and the integral role he played in the early days of OC in Michigan. I wish him well.

Ezerharden

Damn, so much for being able to ask a question without getting your a$$ ripped in half. I only heard about it, but could never find any article with details. Next time I have a question I will ask the DNC, might be less hostile.

Sorry I don't blindly follow the Republican vote, seeing how useful a state .gov controlled by them has been to gun rights here in MI. After all, we have to have a rally to get stuff voted on by the same Republican controlled Senate right?

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Damn, so much for being able to ask a question without getting your a$$ ripped in half. I only heard about it, but could never find any article with details. Next time I have a question I will ask the DNC, might be less hostile.

Sorry I don't blindly follow the Republican vote, seeing how useful a state .gov controlled by them has been to gun rights here in MI. After all, we have to have a rally to get stuff voted on by the same Republican controlled Senate right?

I am about as far from Republican as any person here, so my intent was not to have you think that his running as a Republican somehow makes him worthy. I'd support him no matter what political affiliation he chose to align with.

Yep, some of us here hold him in high esteem, and our respect for him may be interpreted as something other than respect that was earned. Speaking for myself, I think he was instrumental in getting OC where it is today. Such things we do so well today such as FOIAs, getting the press in involved, and attendance at governmental meetings were things that he had a direct role in developing. Although I think that it took more than one person and there were many involved, his assistance was instrumental. Yes, he had a penchant for being a PITA for those public officials who thought themselves above the law and, in exposing the "Emporers who wore no clothes" he ruffled many locals' feathers. The criticism he received in the press from community members was viciously personal at times, but he dealt with it despite personal hardships the likes of which I hope to never experience.

If I could, I'd vote for him for two reasons: He'd follow the law as opposed to local opinion and he was always brutally honest. Even though there were times I disagreed with him, he never let the disagreement color his interaction with me. In any public office, who better than one who, from my experience, puts personal issues aside and follows what the law demands.