Thread: NOAA Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

NOAA Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

A solicitation which appears on the FedBizOpps website asks for 16,000 rounds of .40 S&W jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullets, noted for their strength, to be delivered to locations in Ellsworth, Maine, and New Bedford, Mass.

A further 6,000 rounds of S&W JHP will be sent to Wall, New Jersey, with another 24,000 rounds of the same bullets heading to the weather station in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The solicitation also asks for 500 paper targets to be delivered to the same locations in Maine, Massachusetts and New Jersey.
    There is a correction to the original – the ammunition was not intended for the National Weather Service, but for the Office of Law Enforcement of the National Marine Fisheries Service, which is also a part of NOAA.

http://www.infowars.com/national-wea...ammo-purchase/

The Department of Homeland Security has redacted information relating to the quantity of bullets it is buying
    following a controversy concerning the agency’s purchase of over a billion rounds of ammo
    The classified portions of the document include references to the amount of 223 62 and 223 64 grain ammunition being purchased.
    The solicitation explains how the contract put out by the DHS to purchase the ammunition was not subject to “full and open competition,”
    a process justified by what the DHS claims was an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets,
    noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation which could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.
    http://www.infowars.com/dhs-classifi...g-controversy/

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    There is a correction to the original – the ammunition was not intended for the National Weather Service, but for the Office of Law Enforcement of the National Marine Fisheries Service, which is also a part of NOAA.

http://www.infowars.com/national-wea...ammo-purchase/
    > Making a post from infowars

You might as well be reading the tabloids
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Like the WashPo, LAT or listen/watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN.....the Huffing & Puffington Post.....

Infowars is no more or less credible than the MSM.

You are entitle to your facts and I am entitled to my facts.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Carry on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daybydaycartoon.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	9101

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    > Making a post from infowars

You might as well be reading the tabloids
    while you might consider infowars a bad source, the stories were made from the actual .gov quote requests.