• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOAA Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

oldbanger

A solicitation which appears on the FedBizOpps website asks for 16,000 rounds of .40 S&W jacketed hollow point (JHP) bullets, noted for their strength, to be delivered to locations in Ellsworth, Maine, and New Bedford, Mass.

A further 6,000 rounds of S&W JHP will be sent to Wall, New Jersey, with another 24,000 rounds of the same bullets heading to the weather station in St. Petersburg, Florida.

The solicitation also asks for 500 paper targets :confused: to be delivered to the same locations in Maine, Massachusetts and New Jersey.

There is a correction to the original – the ammunition was not intended for the National Weather Service, but for the Office of Law Enforcement of the National Marine Fisheries Service, which is also a part of NOAA.

http://www.infowars.com/national-weather-service-follows-dhs-in-huge-ammo-purchase/

oldbanger

The Department of Homeland Security has redacted information relating to the quantity of bullets it is buying
following a controversy concerning the agency’s purchase of over a billion rounds of ammo

The classified portions of the document include references to the amount of 223 62 and 223 64 grain ammunition being purchased.

The solicitation explains how the contract put out by the DHS to purchase the ammunition was not subject to “full and open competition,”
a process justified by what the DHS claims was an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets,
noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation which could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-classifies-ammo-purchase-following-controversy/

david.ross

OC for ME

Like the WashPo, LAT or listen/watch ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN.....the Huffing & Puffington Post.....

Infowars is no more or less credible than the MSM.

You are entitle to your facts and I am entitled to my facts.