Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Visiting from Washington state

  1. #1
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872

    Visiting from Washington state

    Hi everyone I will be visiting from Washington state at the end of the month. I believe your state honors Utah permits so I was planning on bringing a revolver with me. I am not familiar with your states laws I was wondering if there is anything I need to know? I think I will be visiting Mt Rushmore not sure what ells I will be doing yet. Any advise would be appreciated
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    35
    Def cant carry, legally, in places that get alot of sales from alcohol.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543

    Visiting from Washington state

    Quote Originally Posted by hogeaterf6 View Post
    Def cant carry, legally, in places that get alot of sales from alcohol.
    Could you possibly clarify this? What constitutes "a lot of sales?" Do you have a cite or a link to the appropriate statute? I'm simply curious but the information will certainly help the OP.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  4. #4
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    too easy

    The permit is valid throughout South Dakota except in any licensed on-sale malt beverage or alcoholic
    beverage establishment that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of malt or alcoholic
    beverages (SDCL 23-7-8.1);
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    The permit is valid throughout South Dakota except in any licensed on-sale malt beverage or alcoholic
    beverage establishment that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of malt or alcoholic
    beverages (SDCL 23-7-8.1);
    Thx XD. I'm good at reading them but not posting them. I know this one since I'm a biker. lol

  6. #6
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by hogeaterf6 View Post
    Thx XD. I'm good at reading them but not posting them. I know this one since I'm a biker. lol
    No problem.. I knew you knew I wasn't trying to show you up just trying to get the right cite.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  7. #7
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    Hi everyone I will be visiting from Washington state at the end of the month. I believe your state honors Utah permits so I was planning on bringing a revolver with me. I am not familiar with your states laws I was wondering if there is anything I need to know? I think I will be visiting Mt Rushmore not sure what ells I will be doing yet. Any advise would be appreciated
    You don't need a Utah permit, your WA CPL works in SD. Just because WA does not recognize SD does not mean SD does not recognize WA.

    Best place to find state info is at www.handgunlaw.us. Look at the "who recognizes my permit" page, and the SD page..Min.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •