• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Firearm Owner

Justine

Lambs are cute, and that has never stopped me from eating it.

Pigs are cute, but I still love bacon and ham.

Calves are cute too, and veal is one of my favorite meats.

Doe's and fawns are very cute, but I have never shot one of them.

A buck deer is a magnificent animal, but if you don't shoot it and eat it, something else will, like a mountain lion, or a wolf, or a coyote, or it will get hit by a car. Nothing in the forest or the sea ever often dies of old age; something else usually eats it.

Oh I'll happily eat it! LOL I am just not a hunter unless I have to. If I have to, I'll kill an animal for food in a heart beat. Otherwise (and I know this sounds bad), I'll leave the dirty work to someone else and enjoy the meat. But... again... if it's between me and survival... Bambi is goind DOWN! :D

Oh, and I should also say that I've never been hunting, but that if I did go, I might very likely easily shoot an animal to bring home for dinner... I've just never tried it, and I don't know that I'd be able to when push comes to shove unless it's for survival.

Last edited:

Justine

Wait til he posts a picture of Zeus, his pet horse he rides to town on.

Now THAT is an amazing animal!

;>)

I grew up in Southern California and only moved to Virginia 12 years ago with the military, so I love nature shots like that because I haven't experienced it a whole lot. It's really neat.

va_tazdad

PN is the man

I grew up in Southern California and only moved to Virginia 12 years ago with the military, so I love nature shots like that because I haven't experienced it a whole lot. It's really neat.

Peter has quit a collection of wonderful neighbors like those pictured above. it is amazing what his "game camera has captured. Zeus is still my favorite.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Zeus and Mrs. Nap keep Peter around because he takes them to Williamsburg so frequently.

It is really quite a sight seeing Zeus walk him on his leash - he follows respectfully 2 or 3 paces behind. :p

Zeus meets some very interesting people and introduces Peter to them. :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Meet Zeus::lol:

high-jump.jpg