Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lewiston

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    68

    Lewiston

    For the L/A people, I will be in Lewiston this weekend. With the enhanced police presence in Lewiston nowadays how wise is it to open carry there? I know people will reply you are not breaking the law and you get arrested then sue. I prefer to stay out of jail. Is it really worth open carrying?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lyman, Maine
    Posts
    905
    I OCed in Lewiston a few weeks ago. I was in the city for about 2 hours and passed by several officers. They either did not notice, or did not care.

  3. #3
    Regular Member MainelyGlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    616
    Of all the cities in Maine, Lewiston is the one I'd recommend OC'ing in regardless of police presence. Lived there for a year and haven't been back since! If I ever do go back, my AR is certainly coming with me.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.



    "I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Live Free or Die, ,
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Of all the cities in Maine, Lewiston is the one I'd recommend OC'ing in regardless of police presence. Lived there for a year and haven't been back since! If I ever do go back, my AR is certainly coming with me.
    Oh, just what I want to hear. My daughter starts her freshman year at Bates in two weeks.

  5. #5
    Regular Member MainelyGlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    616

    Lewiston

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottNH View Post
    Oh, just what I want to hear. My daughter starts her freshman year at Bates in two weeks.
    She can borrow my Windham Weaponry ! Though I'm not sure how Bates would feel about her carrying that..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.



    "I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Live Free or Die, ,
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    She can borrow my Windham Weaponry ! Though I'm not sure how Bates would feel about her carrying that..
    Sounds like I might have to send her with the right "school supplies."


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Not wasting my time here.
    Posts
    31
    This pretty much sums it up...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •