• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lewiston

Flashlight

For the L/A people, I will be in Lewiston this weekend. With the enhanced police presence in Lewiston nowadays how wise is it to open carry there? I know people will reply you are not breaking the law and you get arrested then sue. I prefer to stay out of jail. Is it really worth open carrying?

boyscout399

I OCed in Lewiston a few weeks ago. I was in the city for about 2 hours and passed by several officers. They either did not notice, or did not care.

MainelyGlock

Of all the cities in Maine, Lewiston is the one I'd recommend OC'ing in regardless of police presence. Lived there for a year and haven't been back since! If I ever do go back, my AR is certainly coming with me.

ScottNH

Of all the cities in Maine, Lewiston is the one I'd recommend OC'ing in regardless of police presence. Lived there for a year and haven't been back since! If I ever do go back, my AR is certainly coming with me.

Oh, just what I want to hear. My daughter starts her freshman year at Bates in two weeks.

ScottNH

She can borrow my Windham Weaponry ! Though I'm not sure how Bates would feel about her carrying that..

Sounds like I might have to send her with the right "school supplies."

19a2pl.jpg