• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roughly 30 South African miners killed, shot by police!

Haz.

I'm not condoning this type of violence by either party, but take away a mans right to own firearms as the Australian Prim mininster John Howard did, then take away a mans right to withdraw his labor, the next thing John Howard did, and one ends up with a one sided lethal cocktail when wages drop to starvation levels, or fail to keep up with the cost of living. These miners are striking over starvation wages, many on roughly $300 / $400 per month which does not cover the cost of food and living expenses?
Reminds me of the time the Australian government sent in the police against the strinking miners at Rothbury NSW Australia back in the 20's. The police opened fire and killed Norman Brown a a married man with children, and they wounded many others. Back to the future!

Matchets and sticks are no match against armed police!

"The shooting happened after police failed to get the striking miners to hand over machetes, clubs and other weapons."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...lash-with-police/story-e6frg6so-1226452772633

The World More than 30 South African miners killed in clash with police at Lonmin From: AFP August 17, 2012 4:20PM Tweet thisSouth African police fire on s... South Africa Mine South African police fire on striking miners.
SA police opened fire on striking miners armed with machetes and sticks at a platinum mine, leaving several bloodied corpses lying on the ground.
. Police open fire at the Lonmin Platinum Mine near Rustenburg, South Africa. Other photos show bodies of miners lying on the ground. Source: AP
MORE than 30 people were killed when police broke up a crowd of armed miners waging an illegal strike at a South African platinum mine, police minister Nathi Mthethwa says.
Speaking on local radio today, Mthethwa confirmed more than 30 had died at the Lonmin PLC mine near Marikana, a dusty town about 70km northwest of Johannesburg..

AFP

Last edited by a moderator:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Attack the police with clubs,spears and knifes what did they expect would happen.

After seeing and listening to the number of shoots fired Iam surpized more were not killed.

CaptainHoneySmacks

Attack the police with clubs,spears and knifes what did they expect would happen.

After seeing and listening to the number of shoots fired Iam surpized more were not killed.

Exactly. You come at me with a weapon like that, cop or not, and you better expect to have a few extra air holes in you. I've seen first hand a couple of union strikes, they can get nasty. All it takes is one person to rile up the rest and you have a frenzy. The first one I went through we had to be bused in (We were contract employees, not part of the Union) because they were bustign out peoples windshields, dragging people out of cars, and making death threats.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yet another reason to NEVER surrender your Right to protect yourself with your own firearm.

The shooting happened after police failed to get the striking miners to hand over machetes, clubs and other weapons.

Apparently, there is no right to bear machetes, clubs, or other weapons in SA. Sucks to be them.