• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom, daughters win, robber loses

MKEgal

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ala...self-and-her-ax-and-knife-wielding-daughters/

...about 3 am Tuesday morning when she heard a loud noise, which turned out to be someone kicking in her door. Lewis said she called the police and grabbed her gun, then went to her daughters’ room and told them each to get something to defend themselves with. She said one grabbed an ax and one got a butcher knife.

“He starts like coming up the stairs and he said, ‘would you shoot me?‘ And I said ’I don’t want to have to but I will.’”
[As LawDog would say, this is what is called a clue.]

"When will he be close enough that I know I won’t miss him? That’s one of the things that was going through my mind."

“There‘s so much talk about banning guns and gun control but they’re for protection,” she said. “There’s no way that I could have fought him off.”

PistolPackingMomma

What's scary to me is that the intruder saw three armed people at the top of the stairs and kept coming! Who knows what he might have done if they weren't armed; if they weren't alert enough to hear him break in!

This mom is awesome, not only for being ready and willing to defend her family, but for encouraging her daughters to do the same. Way to go!!!

SFCRetired

Them Southern Belles ain't JUST Sugar and Spice, are they? Or maybe that was the Spicey part. LOL

WAY TO GO!!! Teach your daughters well Martha!

Clue you in: You do not, repeat NOT, want to tick off any woman or threaten her children. You most especially do not want to tick off a woman who was born and raised here in the South and especially if she is in one of our rural areas.

If they don't have a gun, they have that other deadly weapon: a ten or twelve inch cast-iron skillet. Get hit with one of those and you will appreciate "one-hit stop" in a new light.:banana: