• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney and Ryan support for gun rights

Shoobee

First of all, you cannot tell what Romney believes in or does not believe in because he keeps changing it and he loves to lie and court his own mainstream.

Secondly, so what if Romney claims to be 2A? Your tax rate, social security (now or someday) and medicare (in case you every happen to get old) are definitely NOT safe under Romney.

Fortunately no one is retiring from the US Supreme Court anytime too soon.

Hopefully the RNC will run a viable candidate for US Pres in 2016 finally. The smart money seems to be on Jeb Bush at the moment, for the forward thinkers who can see that 2012 is already lost by the RNC with yet another inept candidate, same as last time, in 2008.

Actually, to be more correct, two inept RNC candidates, again, just like last time in 2008.

The only good thing about Ryan (who is himself also non-electable) is that he will make an easy target for Jeb in 2012.

Ryan will be back in 2012, no doubt, since the riff raff never go away, once they have been disinterred, which was proved by Palin herself.

Last edited:

Kc.38

First of all, you cannot tell what Romney believes in or does not believe in because he keeps changing it and he loves to lie and court his own mainstream.

Secondly, so what if Romney claims to be 2A? Your tax rate, social security (now or someday) and medicare (in case you every happen to get old) are definitely NOT safe under Romney.

Hopefully the RNC will run a viable candidate for US Pres in 2016 finally. The smart money seems to be on Jeb Bush at the moment, for the forward thinkers who can see that 2012 is already lost by the RNC with yet another inept candidate, same as last time, in 2008.

Actually, to be more correct, two inept RNC candidates, again, just like last time in 2008.

The only good thing about Ryan (who is himself also non-electable) is that he will make an easy target for Jeb in 2012.

Ryan will be back in 2012, no doubt, since the riff raff never go away, once they have been disinterred, which was proved by Palin herself.

I disagree with so much of this that I just don't know where to start.

papa bear

weell we know what we have gotten for the last 3.5 years. want to talk about a lair. can we stand for 4 more years?

Shoobee

weell we know what we have gotten for the last 3.5 years. want to talk about a lair. can we stand for 4 more years?

Since Romney/Ryan has nothing new to offer in terms of specifics, this is of course what all their rhetoric and podium thumping will be all about.

But with Romney/Ryan being 10% to 15% behind in the polls, especially in the swing states, it looks like Romney/Ryan are not fooling anybody, except for the RNC choir.

It should be an exciting political superbowl in November. I'll be here to tell you that I told you so.

Then we will all get to see if the RNC makes the same big political mistakes in 2016 as in 2012 and 2008. We'll see.

E6chevron

shobee,

I do understand, that if I lived in California, it would be easy to lose hope, and think that if I don't have my personal best choice, I won't make any choice.

President Obama's plan is for that to happen to the majority of Americans.

Now, I read your post twice, so i need to get cleaned up.

amaixner

All anyone really needs to know is that when Ryan was announced, the NRA made a press release saying that Ryan is a supporter of gun rights. When Romney was chosen, they did NOT tell the press that he is a supporter of gun rights.

The takeaway: even the most moderate of gun-rights groups (not counting fake crap like AHSA) recognizes that Romney is not our friend. Unfortunately, Ryan is not running for president, Romney is. unless something awful happens, Ryan would not be president.

Last edited:

papa bear

Well you can start by looking back at 2008. Because 2012 is just 2008 all over again, like deja vu.

one of the big differences is, we know that the current regime, has no experience out of theory in academia, and their failed policy's

twoskinsonemanns

I don't like Obama at all!!
But to be honest I don't see any difference between Romney political record, and what we've had the last 3.5 years.
The only real change I see is what Romney's been saying the last couple of months, compared to what he's done for many years.

DangerClose

We've already had this thread. Maybe more than once. Romney is a gun grabber who thinks Massachusetts' gun laws are fine and thinks "assault weapons" should be banned.

Fortunately, that Gary Johnson guy is running. He likes guns.

Grizz272

Jeb Bush will not be president. There is too much hate for a Bush to be in the White house again. When Romney and Ryan are elected we have a potential of 16 years of decent Supreme court Justices being nominated. Roberts one flip does not mean he is going to be all bad.

twoskinsonemanns

We've already had this thread. Maybe more than once. Romney is a gun grabber who thinks Massachusetts' gun laws are fine and thinks "assault weapons" should be banned.

Fortunately, that Gary Johnson guy is running. He likes guns.

:D:D:D:D Plus one!