• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee PD still isn't training its employees

MKEgal

Had a slightly annoying interaction this afternoon at the bank.
Not that the person himself was annoying, but rather that this is further evidence that Milwaukee PD isn't bothering to train their employees properly.

As I left the lobby, another customer followed me out & told me that it was illegal to OC in city limits. Of course I told him that's not true; it's perfectly legal.

Then he said that he'd gotten a ticket for doing so, & a LEO had told him that inside the city he had to conceal. (At first I thought he meant a deputy had said this, but later clarified that it was MPD. He also clarified that he hadn't actually gotten a ticket, after I'd encouraged him to take it to court.)

I explained that nothing in the cc licensing law requires anyone to conceal.
Gave him a WI Carry card so he could look at the legal cites there [hope they're up to date!!!] & encouraged him to visit the WI Carry Facebook page too.

When I found out it was MPD & not the Sheriff's office, he & his wife/girlfriend were amused by my reaction. "That makes more sense - the Sheriff seems to have his act together, but MPD is a lost cause."

He also seemed a little startled when he understood from my comments that I wasn't _just_ OCing... :D

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Maybe they're just waiting to falsely arrest you again before they do the training so they'll have more real-life what not to do scenarios to share in class?

Last edited:

anmut

Actually, it sounds like this person didn't want you carrying at all and was just making up some story to scare you. After you broke down his lies he didn't have any proof at all.

Kc.38

Actually, it sounds like this person didn't want you carrying at all and was just making up some story to scare you. After you broke down his lies he didn't have any proof at all.

I agree. I think that he didn't have the stones himself to OC so he doesn't want anyone to. Also maybe he had told his wife/girlfriend it was illegal and now she sees a girl/woman with enough------ to OC in a bank no less. ( I can't find the right word here, men= stones, women=??) :confused:

MKEgal

Kc.38 said:
maybe he had told his wife/girlfriend it was illegal and now she sees a woman with enough ------ to OC in a bank no less.
(I can't find the right word here, men=stones, women=??)
The physiological equivalent would be ovaries. :rolleyes:
I think a gender-neutral simile might be 'guts'.
Self-assurance.
Chutzpah. [pronounce it properly, then clean your monitor]

davidmcbeth

Banned
You should have told the idiot that he/she should leave you the heck alone then - if he/she thinks you are a criminal why initiate contact? Proof that the person is an idiot either way.

MKEgal

I got the feeling he was trying to be nice & save me from a possible ticket.
Though seeing his statements fall apart does make me wonder...

On another note, there's a post on the WI Carry FB page saying that yesterday (Sat.) someone had his training certificate stolen by an MPD officer.
Apparently he was pulled over for tinted windows, asked if he had a gun in the car or a carry license (no to both), then he volunteered that he had his training certificate (why?).
The officer kept it & told him he could go.

They just don't learn. :mad:

E6chevron

MKEgal,

I think I am going to call BOGUS, on that man's version of the alleged "training certificate confiscation" incident.

Last edited:

xenophon

MKEgal,

I think I am going to call BOGUS, on that man's version of the alleged "training certificate confiscation" incident.

Hard to tell on that one. It's like they are trying to prevent him from even getting one.

To the original OP story, hard to tell what his intentions were too, but maybe he was just trying to save you hassle. But he should be told you can handle yourself well :)