• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Cashier Freaks Out About Open Carry In Virginia

ElevenBravo

"are you a cop?"
"No"

I like to keep it simple.:rolleyes:

Thats the standard answer I have, I say no more nor no less, just "no" and dont even try to expand on it.

"Are you a police officer?"

Possible serious replies:
"No"
"I an neither a cop nor do I desire to be one"
"Thats none of your business"
"Thats of no concern to you"

Funny replies (I dont endorse):
"Actually, Im a mall ninja in training"
"No, Im a member of the special VCDL reaction observation team"
"Why do you ask, am I in uniform?"
"Does my badge say police officer (when not actually wearing a badge)"
"Oh my god, I gotta go through this again?"
"Hang on, I think Im getting an important call (and never "answer" your phone)"
"Hang on, I think Im getting an important call, and proceed with a fake telephone conversation (while not holding your phone to your ear, or even having a bluetooth device on! Even better if you just put your index finger on your temple area!)"
"Im sorry, I cu_nt hear you, I have an ear infuckshin"

What else can be said, both serious and funny??

Cheers!
Andrew

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

Has anyone come up with a great non-answer response to "are you a cop?" I don't know what the response should be, but I'm not particularly inclined to give an answer to that question. It's simply not their concern.

TFred

I have the perfect come back
"No." and then smile and let the silence fill the air. :D

MamabearCali

Are you a cop?

Good answers....

No, I'm Italian
Sorry, I don't like to talk about it
No, I'm from the D.D.O.N.O.Y.D.B..... "what's that?". Deputy director of none of your darn business

USNA69

Has anyone come up with a great non-answer response to "are you a cop?" I don't know what the response should be, but I'm not particularly inclined to give an answer to that question. It's simply not their concern.

TFred

Might I suggest:

"Are you a cop?"
"What possible difference would it make?"

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Us too down here. They leave because they don't like all the rules, and the first thing they do is try to bring the rules with them.

Yep, you got that right. There's a saying in Florida. "If you want to go South, go north".

I wouldn't dream of migrating to, say, New England and expect New Englanders to adopt Southern ways so why do they come down here and expect us to not be Southern? I don't get it.

Saw a T-shirt in South Carolina some years back that said something like, "If you think you do it better up there, what are you doing down here?"

MamabearCali

There is hope for some northern challenged person's. My husband is from NY, he now carries openly. Just gotta get used to that freedom a little bit.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I have the perfect come back
"No." and then smile and let the silence fill the air. :D

When asked this question, my most common response is, "Nope, just a Virginian".

My most recent answers to the two following questions were;

"Is that a real gun?"
"Gee I hope so. Otherwise I put the wrong thing on when I left the house this morning."

"Why do you carry a gun?"
"So I don't have to use it". [this one really confuses them for a moment]

Last edited:

Mas49.56

"Are you a cop?". Why would you think I'm a cop? "Because you have a gun!". So everyone who carries a gun is a cop? "Or a criminal!" Are cowboys criminals? "Are you a cowboy?" No but I've ridden a horse before, have you? "Wait what?".

Hill Bill E.

Ouch! Lots of Yankee bashing on this thread! (it's OK, I can say 'Yankee', cause I R 1 LOL)

Great job at staying calm! And getting it on video without her knowing.

You're absolutely right, if folks know they're being taped, they act different. That was good, raw, footage.

I have OC'd in our Wal-Mart here a few times, never had any problems from the workers.

Get some weird looks and questions from other shoppers.

Most of the time I carry concealed. I live on the border of MN and WI, and cross over a few times a week. My permit is good in WI, but their 'Open Carry' rules vary from one area to another, and from one LEO to another, so I just keep it concealed when there.

We don't get a whole lot of folks coming here from the south, and trying to change us. It's to cold for 'em, and they head back home after a visit, LOL

You all get the folks from up north, trying to find some warmth and a place where they don't have to shovel snow! LOL

KBCraig

Yet another anti whose logic fails.

If she's scared of you, why does she antagonize you, delay you, and try to intimidate you via her "bodyguard"?

If she'd just kept her opinions to herself and rushed you through her line, you'd have been long gone.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ouch! Lots of Yankee bashing on this thread! (it's OK, I can say 'Yankee', cause I R 1 LOL)

We don't get a whole lot of folks coming here from the south, and trying to change us. It's to cold for 'em, and they head back home after a visit, LOL

You all get the folks from up north, trying to find some warmth and a place where they don't have to shovel snow! LOL

A lot of the Yankee bashing is tongue in cheek Bill e. Some is not though.

What Southern Boy said about moving here and accepting out ways is spot on.

What happens here isn't coming to the warmth. It isn't all that warm in Virginia.

There are two types for the most part.

Type A. These are retired military and land in NOVA and Tidewater mostly. I've found that Northern born military retirees that worked for a living in the service aren't bad people. Lt. and above need to be given the Blue Sky test before they're allowed to stay over night.

Type B. These are the worst. These are people that worked and are thinking about retiring or are retired up north and realize, they can't live very well on their pensions back home.
They liked it in "The old neigh boo houd". Land is cheaper here so they buy a couple of acres and go about bitching about how things were better back home.
These move mostly to the country and are a real PITA.

There's a growing group that will ultimately be a problem. They move here to get away from crime and drugs and bring their rotten kids that were causing the crime and drugs with them.

All these people make it difficult for the many decent Northerners that move here because they like it and fit right in.

twoskinsonemanns

Q. Are you a cop? A. " I'm not legally required to answer that".

I like that. Though I don't know how this NY moron could mistake the OP for a cop, he was way to polite and civilized.

"Despite what you've seen on TV, I am NOT obligated to answer that question. So why don't you just keep your concentration on getting my items sorted properly in those bags and I'll worry about whose a damned cop."

Tanner

Yep, you got that right. There's a saying in Florida. "If you want to go South, go north".

I wouldn't dream of migrating to, say, New England and expect New Englanders to adopt Southern ways so why do they come down here and expect us to not be Southern? I don't get it.

Saw a T-shirt in South Carolina some years back that said something like, "If you think you do it better up there, what are you doing down here?"

I think such actions on a large scale caused a civil war. Right?

HandyHamlet

Yeah, I shot the video....

In conversation I tried to educate her, when she cut me off to correct me.

Nice job on videoing the event to protect yourself.

Tried to educate her? I think you missed a golden opportunity. An opportunity to tell her to shut the 8888 up. To do her job. And that if you wanted to hear her opinion you would have asked. The fact that she refused to shut up would have prompter me to demand a manager.

The customer is always right.

:cool: