• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Ryan is a hunter!

twoskinsonemanns

Just so you guys know, Ruth Ginsburg is almost 90 yrs old and she has had cancer twice. Do you think she will live for more than 4 years ?

Who would you rather have nominate the next supreme court justice, Romney or Obama ?

That's easy. Johnson.

What is the biggest FU to freedom Obama's done? Health care. Funny how Bush's boy Roberts had to jump the fence to solidify it.
Both of the two major parties are gunning for your rights.

twoskinsonemanns

Ryan is an insider, more interested in power and his career. He'll sell a piece of your rights to the first rent-seeker* for a vote without blinking an eye. He'll only take just long enough to figure out a way to make it seem palatable to you, then he'll shake hands with the rent-seeker.

Sounds like a perfect VP for Romney.

Ca Patriot

That's easy. Johnson.

What is the biggest FU to freedom Obama's done? Health care. Funny how Bush's boy Roberts had to jump the fence to solidify it.
Both of the two major parties are gunning for your rights.

How about Heller and McDonald ? Do you think if Al Gore had won the presidency that he would have appointed justices that would have voted like Roberts and Alito ?

And Roberts ruling, although bad, creates an avenue to undo the law. If a Gore appointe was on the bench, their ruling would have been to allow the law under the commerce clause and that would NOT hve made it possible to undo the law.

Jack House

When I OPd about him being a hunter, I wasn't talking about his views on gun rights. I was merely pointing out a quality about the man that I like. While some people frown on hunting, it is a quality that helps me form an opinion about somebody else. A lot of people that don't hunt, don't understand, and I don't want to argue with all of the anti-hunters. IMO, people that hunt have a sense of responsibility, tradition, ethics, respect for others property, etc. that some other people might not have. ( not saying that others don't, just that hunters do. Of course there are the slobs in the midst just like there are in any other group ) As a whole, we respect others, our kids don't play with guns, they're taught to respect them, we hold dear, the tradition and values handed down by others. Hunters learn patience. It's not just going out and killing something. They wake up early, they endure the weather, they practice, commit themselves to something that is not always easy. They provide for their family. Animals aren't always at the disadvantage, they have skills that give them the upper hand more times than not. We respect the animal more than most. An animal in the slaughter house has no chance, an animal in the wild has many. Their senses are incredible. If my daughters are going to date a guy, being a hunter would just buy him some points with me. It's just one aspect of finding out about a person. There are other aspects also. Hunting is just one.
No one said one iota about being against hunting. What was stated is that someone choosing to hunt is not a valid reflection of their character and has zero place for consideration of a political candidate.

Son of Sam was a hunter, he chose a different game but still a hunter. Bet you'd vote him VP too, eh? :rolleyes:
Just so you guys know, Ruth Ginsburg is almost 90 yrs old and she has had cancer twice. Do you think she will live for more than 4 years ?

Who would you rather have nominate the next supreme court justice, Romney or Obama ?
Neither. Two sides of the same coin is still the same god forsaken coin. Which is actually a pretty good metaphor, seeing as how Romney is two-faced lying scumbag.

MhBgl.jpg

hjmoosejaw

I posted the #18 reply before reading a few of the above replies. That said.
It is my opinion that hjmoosejaw doesn't actually give a crap about gun rights, per se. Rather, he likes guns and wants to be able to use and carry them, so anything that furthers his desires he "supports", and if that happens to be the second amendment, so be it. Similarly, a politician who shares hobbies with him he "supports", because that politician is more likely to protect the things he likes. There is no principle involved, merely surface self-interest. Don't expect him to defend any of his views with any justification more compelling than, "*shrug* That's just what I think."
Let's see, I don't care about gun rights because I like guns and want to carry them. What? Also, " *shrug* That's just what I think" ? That is what I think, meaning IMO, you're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine.
You simply feel compelled to claim that you do because you've been called on your puerile blathering and you feel the need to back-pedal amongst people who hold principles that you only pretend to share.
I don't need to back-pedal on anything. I stand by anything I've ever written on here. I don't feel compelled to do anything. First, I would have to care about what you type, and so far, whenever I've read your posts or replies, all I've gotten from them was BLAH BLAH BLAH.......BLAH BLAH BLAH. Have a good day!

hjmoosejaw

No one said one iota about being against hunting. What was stated is that someone choosing to hunt is not a valid reflection of their character and has zero place for consideration of a political candidate.

Son of Sam was a hunter, he chose a different game but still a hunter. Bet you'd vote him VP too, eh?

Not being against hunting? You're linking Son of Sam to hunting. One is a hunter, one is a murderer. Hardly the same.

Jack House

Son of Sam was a hunter. Killing people is illegal, obviously hunting them is likewise illegal. Hunting wales is illegal too, but just because someone doesn't want people hunting wales doesn't mean they don't want them hunting deer. There is nothing wrong with hunting, but there are prey which it is not okay to hunt and prey which is. As a hunter, I'd expect you to know this. :rolleyes:

So no, I've not said one thing against hunting. Only using hunting as a judgment of character and/or worth, especially in the political arena.

Steeler-gal

I've always liked Paul Ryan. I heard that he is a hunter and comes from a hunting family. I also heard that he even cuts up ( processes, for the squeamish) his own deer. He's okay in my book. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Is he a hunter or is he just a guy who got photographed at a deer hunt?
You "heard" he processes his own meat. Is there any proof? Does anyone know it for fact?
Someone at my church heard I owned a gun range. It upped my reputation with this person who contacted me but it didn't make the statement true.

hjmoosejaw

Son of Sam was a hunter. Killing people is illegal, obviously hunting them is likewise illegal. Hunting wales is illegal too, but just because someone doesn't want people hunting wales doesn't mean they don't want them hunting deer. There is nothing wrong with hunting, but there are prey which it is not okay to hunt and prey which is. As a hunter, I'd expect you to know this. :rolleyes:

So no, I've not said one thing against hunting. Only using hunting as a judgment of character and/or worth, especially in the political arena.

Okay, I'll give ya that one. BUT....using hunting as a judgement of character and/or worth, is ONE of different things learned about a person which helps to form an opinion. Along with any other input somebody has to come to an opinion about. example: he likes hunting, a plus. He likes p#@^ing in public, a negative. That's all. It's not the only thing to go on. I knew a women who rode a Harley. She saw John Kerry ride a motorcycle onto the Jay Leno show. She told me that's who was getting her vote, although she knew nothing else about him. We make opinions on the information we receive. I know enough about Obama to know that HE is definitely somebody I do not want as President.

Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

Is he a hunter or is he just a guy who got photographed at a deer hunt?
You "heard" he processes his own meat. Is there any proof? Does anyone know it for fact?
Someone at my church heard I owned a gun range. It upped my reputation with this person who contacted me but it didn't make the statement true.

I found this along with many other headings on the same issue.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/paul-ryan-avid-hunter

For a hunter as avid as he apparently is, believe me, processing you own game is no big deal.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I found this along with many other headings on the same issue.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/paul-ryan-avid-hunter

For a hunter as avid as he apparently is, believe me, processing you own game is no big deal.

Thanks for that link. Reading through the comments was enlightening. I spend a lot of time discussing (arguing) with people on here, most of home I consider intellectual and moral equals that I forget there is a whole lot of complete idiots out there. "Slaughter houses are find but killing defenseless animals for the sport of it is evil". It's no wonder our government treats us like sheep, WE ARE!

Jack House

It doesn't matter who wins. If Romney won, he'd just continue Obama's policies, just as Obama continued Bush policies.

SovereignAxe

Being a hunter just tells me a little more about the person. I don't know, I like some of Ron Paul's ideas, he just seems a little left of level to me. You know, like one of those old guys that wanders out of the yard and down the road in his underwear. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good guy. I just have a feeling that he wouldn't make it four years without a balloon animal being able to occupy him for an hour or so. That being said, I'm ready for all of the RP people's arrows to start coming my way. I know he has a hard core following. That's a good thing too. I also think that there's been tons of arguments already posted about why RP is the man. We have what, seventy some days until the election. If you're gonna change people's minds, you're gonna need a way bigger stage than this to do it. Have a good day!

where do people get this crap?

Ca Patriot

It doesn't matter who wins. If Romney won, he'd just continue Obama's policies, just as Obama continued Bush policies.

Romney would be a little better. Why would you be opposed to being a little better ?

And as I pointed out earlier, Romney would appoint better supreme court justices which will have more effect on America for much much longer than either president.

Dont be stupid. Vote for Romney over Obama and work towards libertarians on the lower level and build up.

My guess is you want to be stupid because it sounds like you like to complain alot.

hjmoosejaw

Thanks for that link. Reading through the comments was enlightening. I spend a lot of time discussing (arguing) with people on here, most of home I consider intellectual and moral equals that I forget there is a whole lot of complete idiots out there. "Slaughter houses are find but killing defenseless animals for the sport of it is evil". It's no wonder our government treats us like sheep, WE ARE!

If you Google Paul Ryan a hunter or anything like that, you'll get a bunch of articles on the matter. Some interesting reading. After his dad died suddenly, he looked after his sickly grandmother while his mother took college courses. Obama can't even toss a few bucks in his half brother's direction. Here is another link you may like.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ryan_worked_his_way_up_to_big_cheese_UzroYJfqgfRDcDKXgljU0O

Jack House

Really diggin' your optimism!
Partisan politics is a smoke screen. Look at Ca Patriot, completely convinced that Romney would somehow magically be better than Obama, despite his political record suggesting he's incredibly similar to Obama.

Where does he differentiate from Obama? Meaningless issues, such as same-sex marriage, immigration and the things like that. Yeah, these are huge issues. But they're far from the biggest facing America. Neither candidate has a solid plan for fixing the economy, both candidates have supported social programs. Neither one truly supports 2A rights. Obama tries to stay tight lipped, but it's pretty clear it's only because it's a hot button issue. Romney claims to be pro-2A, but his actions have demonstrated otherwise.

[video=youtube;Kk1bJOpYUqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1bJOpYUqE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

But he's a Republican, and so inspite of reality, he must somehow be better than Obama. This is partisan bias, conservatives so blinded by their hatred of Obama that they can't see they're voting for a white Obama.

Romney would be a little better. Why would you be opposed to being a little better ?

And as I pointed out earlier, Romney would appoint better supreme court justices which will have more effect on America for much much longer than either president.

Dont be stupid. Vote for Romney over Obama and work towards libertarians on the lower level and build up.

My guess is you want to be stupid because it sounds like you like to complain alot.
You think Romney is better than Obama? You think he's going to appoint Justices that support our rights more than Obama? I imagine whoever he appoints is going to share his views. What are his views? Watch the video above.

Romney is Obama under a different banner. And you call me stupid. :lol: