• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tower Theater Tucson

Gumby71

I have been a patron of Tower Theater since I moved to Tucson last year. I was just informed this evening that management has started a new policy of "no firearms allowed." Well, I guess the criminals will be able to enjoy it a little better without my business.

clarkebar

This seems to be happening more and more. Does anyone know of any theatres that are still gun friendly in Arizona? Specifically the Phoenix area.

Gumby71

A copy of the letter from Mr. Edwards concerning their policy:

Dear Mr. XXXX,

I respect your decision not to watch movies at our theatre. Our policy to not allow firearms in our place of business has been in place since we opened. It is the same policy followed by every other movie theatre in Tucson.

Before operating our theatre in Marana I worked for AMC, Cinemark and Cineplex Odeon. None of them will allow firearms.

While I myself own several, I have always agreed with my former employers that we need to be mindful of the public's anxiety toward firearms and not present any hint of threat to fellow movie goers.

I will not argue any point you may make regarding civil freedoms. My family has served in the military now the past four generations. We protect and defend our loved ones just as you do.

Please continue to support the businesses you wish. We will not allow guests to bring firearms in our facility unless they are a recognized public servant of our nation's law enforcement.

regards,

Kent Edwards
Managing Partner
Tower Theatres

PavePusher

A copy of the letter from Mr. Edwards concerning their policy:

Dear Mr. XXXX,

I respect your decision not to watch movies at our theatre. Our policy to not allow firearms in our place of business has been in place since we opened. It is the same policy followed by every other movie theatre in Tucson.

Before operating our theatre in Marana I worked for AMC, Cinemark and Cineplex Odeon. None of them will allow firearms.

While I myself own several, I have always agreed with my former employers that we need to be mindful of the public's anxiety toward firearms and not present any hint of threat to fellow movie goers.

I will not argue any point you may make regarding civil freedoms. My family has served in the military now the past four generations. We protect and defend our loved ones just as you do.

Please continue to support the businesses you wish. We will not allow guests to bring firearms in our facility unless they are a recognized public servant of our nation's law enforcement.

regards,

Kent Edwards
Managing Partner
Tower Theatres

Do you have an e-mail address for him, and would you mind if I referenced this letter? I think someone needs to remind him that "recognized public servant of our nation's law enforcement" are not deserving of special priviliges in the area of self-defense, and that criminals care not a bit about signs or rules forbidding effective means of defense.

mFonz77

The Cinemark 10 in Sierra Vista took DOWN their signs after Aurora happened. Now I might actually watch movies there instead of waiting for DVD.

lysander6

The Cinemark in SV still fills their pants for OC, just discrete carry for safe movie viewing...